UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Mini Power Cut - Have I Lost Document?

Kathyw

We had a mini power cut last night - literally a row of homes in turn. Because we were last minute warned, I came out and thought myself safe.

I forgot that I had a document open (on the tray thingy) so didn't save it etc.

I can't find it this morning - hav I lost it forever?

Tis not important in the scheme of things - it's actually the list of Mum's washing I was keeping.

Can anyone help please - I would like it back. :flowers:

It depends - assuming it's a Word document, if you have autorecovery turned on you may be able to retrieve it. It would only work if you had previously saved the document (ie if it was a brand new document you hadn't saved at all at that point then I'm afriad you've probably lost it forever).

Not sure which version of Word you are using, but if it's pre-2007 go to the Tools menu then Options and the Save tab. There is a tick-box for 'Save Autorecovery Information' - if that is ticked you may be in luck.

To find out where to go to retrieve it, again in Tools/Options go to the 'File Locations' tab and see where your autorecovery files are set to save to.

If you are using Word 2007 then I guess all the same options are in there somewhere, but I haven't a clue where you would find them!

Thank you Fee.

Red faced person here.

I was looking for it under 'Mums washing' logical to think that yes?

I had actually called it 'Mum's bits'. The last entry (last nights) was missing but nomatter as I can just copy the list back in to the document.

Thank you anyway. :flowers: