UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Nilif

Dasha sent me a link to the NILIF training method some time ago, but I seem to have lost it. I can remember the basics, but there were a few A4 size sheets of information originally and I want to pass it on to someone else. Can anyone help please by providing a link?

Guest patch

I am somewhat concerned about this site and eprsonally concerned about NILIF as a method anyway. The writer claims to advocate fair and positive methods in one breath but then says popping [ jerking ] a dog on lead and using a prong collar is `fair`...

There are a lot of thoughts about NILIF which are not complimentary. I will post this on Controversial to see what people think of the `method` :)

I only read that page , and didnt look at the rest of the site tho from what i can see i think she is American , i think like most things you make from it what you will and try things you yourself think may work in your situation.

Many thanks Donna, I don't think it's the same one that Dasha sent me, but it's a useful one. I've passed it on. I will also be having another go with NILIF with Dillon as he's getting a bit big for his boots again at the moment, bless his little heart :wub:

I am somewhat concerned about this site and eprsonally concerned about NILIF as a method anyway. The writer claims to advocate fair and positive methods in one breath but then says popping [ jerking ] a dog on lead and using a prong collar is `fair`...

There are a lot of thoughts about NILIF which are not complimentary. I will post this on Controversial to see what people think of the `method` :)

I think peeps will still want to use it Patch (for various reasons) - maybe there is a much better linky (better as in not so American, no offence to anyone who's posted the above link)

Lindsay

x

• 1 year later...

Bit behind the times on this one, but i never really look in here, but now i have i will pay more attention, always on the look out for fun training ideas, anyway, i read an article that said "some" dogs can become "depressed" if NILIF is used excesivly, just thought it might be of interest :flowers:

Bit behind the times on this one, but i never really look in here, but now i have i will pay more attention, always on the look out for fun training ideas, anyway, i read an article that said "some" dogs can become "depressed" if NILIF is used excesivly, just thought it might be of interest :flowers:

Yes, that is true but it is mainly the dogs of owners who take it all the way. A dog that is demanding attention you are supposed to ignore but with many dogs, rescues are the worst for this, the dogs are insecure and need some form of attention and it is a cry for help. What I do with mine, I acknowledge them but giving them a tickle under the chin or something similar then carry on doing what I was doing.

Most dog owners do some form of it now, getting your dog to sit before feeding him, that is NILF.

What it does do is teach the owner how to be consistant with their dogs.