UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Ttouch Therapy

estweyn

I was just wondering if anyone knows about Ttouch therapy, are there any practitioners in the Uk. I think it may help Josh with his dog aggression problems. I am also very interested in learning how to practice it, I am very hands on with animals, can normally find painful spots etc by running hands over the animals, funny I cant do healing on people but dogs n cats it just flows...

I am away till Monday but will check back then hopefully someone will kindly point me in the right direction.

Many thanks

Avril :)

Hi Avril

Me & Ed have one to one T-Touch for his dog aggression towards certain dogs, mainly large ones (he is a big terrier himself!!). I am really seeing the results now, as we can now walk alongside 80% of dogs with not even a murmur. Still a long way to go until we get walking with the neighbourhood GSD but that is my goal! My trainer has 3 leggy collies, which we thought we may have trouble walking with but at the last session she bought them with her and Ed was an absolute star and wasn't the slightest bit interested. We walked side by side and also did the groundwork training with bodies practically touching! It has also given me confidence, which I believe rubs off on Ed! We attended a local show this year (wouldn't have dreamed of ever going in a ring with Ed) and he only took a dislike to a couple of dogs, although they were the ones who barked at him first, so he did react but I managed him and didn't get stressed out. We are based in the West Midlands but I know she has contacts all over the country so if you wish me to find out some contact details for you, please ask.

Jan

We (Dillon & I) have been to see Marie Miller a few times for T-Touch and general aggressive behaviour issues. Marie is doing a workshop in Hinckley in a couple of weeks time which we are hoping to attend. The details are here: http://www.pawsnlearn.freeserve.co.uk/hinbook.htm.

Marie is a member of this forum under the name of Pawsnlearn.

I see from your profile that you live in Sheffield, but that's only about 1.5 hours down the M1 from Hinckley, so perhaps you could try & go to the workshop on 20 July?

Thank you so much for the links and personal experiences. I have ordered the book and the workshop seems a really good plan if I have not got my hospital date for my op before then.. if not then I will find out details for a later one. :rolleyes:

I am sure it will help Josh no end.

There are some TTouch videos on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/TellingtonTTouch - just thought it might be useful for anyone who has the book but isn't able to get to a workshop or one-to-one just yet.

I found it much easier to grasp once I had been shown in person (Sno was really lucky to have a one-to-one with Sarah Fisher last year) and then what I was looking at in the books made more sense to me.

I did some TTouch and Reiki (great combination) yesterday with Sno when we had a bit of thunder here and it definitely helped him.