UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Obedience Versus Rally...

purple_mog

So I've been hanging out on some american clicker discussion lists lately and noticed that there's a difference between rally obedience and regular obedience over there, and truthfully rally sounds way more fun to me! Is there an equivalent here in the UK?

ooooh - thankyou! Fugees truly are all knowing :GroupHug:

I may be totally and utterly wrong, but the little contact I've had with competition obedience folks gave me the impresssion it was all very serious - I'm not really a competitive person and just want to find ways to challenge myself and Farah that improve our relationship :rolleyes: so unsure if the attention to detail might drive me potty!

ooooh - thankyou! Fugees truly are all knowing :GroupHug:

I may be totally and utterly wrong, but the little contact I've had with competition obedience folks gave me the impresssion it was all very serious - I'm not really a competitive person and just want to find ways to challenge myself and Farah that improve our relationship :rolleyes: so unsure if the attention to detail might drive me potty!

Sounds like K9MS is the right sort of thing for you. If you can get to Wagmore for a couple of training sessions they're really helpful too - we did the basics of scent and search, tracking and some heelwork stuff when I was there. Am I right in thinking that Farah is deaf? A friend has a deaf collie and she does K9MS with her - some of the challenges require some lateral thinking about cues etc but Kay is always willing to help with training tips. There's a good clicker group on yahoo that Kay runs too.