UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Young Rott Bitch Lost In Scafell Area Of Lake District

owl

From Petsearch via K9-999:

LOST Lake District National Park, Scafell area, Cumbria 14.6.08. 'Gemma' Rottweiler bitch. 18 months old. Docked tail. Quite small for breed. Very friendly. Her black lead was attached to a red harness. She also has a red collar on with white bones around it with an ID tag.

Any information please contact owner on 0787 6641 721 or 07917 132 580 .

I've just had a chat with owners, and they are doing all the right stuff except they called all the police stations but not the dog wardens. They are doing that now and also getting her posted on Doglost. She is - thank goodness - chipped as well as tagged, but I'm worried in case she has got caught somewhere. She is on a flexi lead but luckily is rather good at chewing through it.

It's from all accounts a difficult place to track down a dog in, so help from anyone in or knowing the area would be appreciated. I've PMd Yantan.

I put note on the Doglost posting yesterday to speak to walking groups in the area. It's vast up there but very popular with walkers & hikers. Hopefully she'll be home soon. Bit worrying bout still having lead on but they will normally make way back to where they went missing.

• 2 weeks later...

Gemma is home! The mountain rescue team found her on Fri 27th, not far from where she went missing. The missing walkers were close by. Emma was just sitting there, and one of the rescue team recognised her from an email sent by local police to all the mountain rescue people. There is a small item about her in the Daily Mirror today, and there was a bit in the Sunday Times as well. She appears to have been living on sheep droppings, she is thin and tired and has a wound on her leg which is being treated, and she is very glad to be home.

She is quite famous, she was in the Sunday Times yesterday and in the Mirror today.

Thanks Sally Ann for updating me on the latest news.