UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Cats Killed By Cars

maddogwoman

my friend lost a cat, she was told one matching his description was run over & killed, she went to the place the ct was but he had gone.

does anyone know what would have happened to him, who deals with this kind of thing, the cat was chipped would he have been scanned.

thanks

thanks, that what i thought, it turns out it was her cat she had a phone call from someone who found him, they had removed his collar to get the number. they moved him onto the grass but when they went back he was gone.

Edited by maddogwoman

Cats here can lie there deteriorating for weeks my friend puts them on the verge and has in the past if they are still there in a week or so with no chance of anyone claiming them taken them herself and buried them.

Lots of feral and farm cats in this area.

In Wandsworth cats are taken away by the street cleaners but are logged with the Council cleansing department so anyone can phone up if they've lost their cat. I've made that phone call once and was so relieved to find that they hadn't actually picked up any cats in the month Mac had been missing, its an odd call to make, you're hoping he hasn't been killed, very relieved and then straight away worried about where the heck he could be.