UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Very Able Mabel

beeandjaspersmum

Especially for Lee (rayie's mum :) )

Last week I spotted an ad for a blind and deaf, 1 year old border collie, being given away for free. I was worried as to where she would end up, so drove a 10 hour round trip to collect her.

Please meet Mabel

100_6753.jpg

Once home, we realised that she has some good sight on the left hand side and can see furniture and objects, but when something moves, she can't follow the path of where it is going. She has been kept outside all her life, living with a lot of dogs and cats. The house had multiple litters of puppies, and Mabel has many dog bites on her.

100_6808.jpg

100_6801.jpg

100_6800.jpg

After being here for 4 days and is getting use to living in a house :rolleyes: she is now clean in the house (including at night), learnt that kitchen unit surfing is not a good idea and that all furniture is only in the house for climbing on

100_6833.jpg

100_6846.jpg

100_6853.jpg

and finally asleep :laugh:

100_6841.jpg

Mabel playing :wub:

th_100_6837.jpg

Mabel with Spider

th_100_6836.jpg

Unfortunately we aren't in a position to keep Mabel, we have contacted the Dog Trust to see if they can offer her a rescue space and I am awaiting to hear back.

Ahhh she is boootiful :wub:

I wish I was in a position to have her here but I think 3 collies all with some form of disability is enough for anyone but ... :(

Are you going to foster until she finds a forever home? (Hope so then we can watch just how much she is going to come-on with 'you lot' :D )

How is she with hand signs?

My little Berezi has limited sight in one eye and she has picked it up really well and now thinks every time someone moves that they are trying to 'talk' to her :wink:

Keep us posted and if I can be of any help you know my number - just shout :biggrin:

Edited by Raiye's Mum