UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Adopt A Staffy Day

phoenix

our local RSPCA is holding a adopt a staffy day today as a recent survey says that they are the most unwanted breed, :mecry: so they are holding today as a incentive for people to actually learn about the breed and not to believe whats in the press, i'm not a huge fan of the RSPCA but this is a good starting point for all the staffs in rescue at the moment, they're also doing a bit on other breeds that have bad press as well, rotts and the GSD

Some work collegues were talking about 'bull breeds' in the staff room earlier this week. The usual stuff about them being 'aggressive' and worrying about them around kids.

I did say the problem is with the owners, not the dogs etc, and no dog should be left alone with kids, regardless of breed. Anyway, the reason I am telling you this is because there was a press release about RSPCA Adopt a Pet week and it mentioned Staffys were the least popular....

Linky here

I'm going to pop it in the staff room

Edited by Abigailj

Good for them :flowers: I hope the day went well and has encouraged a few more nice families to think about adopting a staffie :wub:

There were lots of staffie types at the show I was at today and they were lovely. At the end when most people had gone, a family were leaving with four staffies playing offlead together and they were gorgeous :)

What a fab scheme!! Lets hope it works! I met a lady yesterday who was totally and utterly smitten with Cooper (who wouldn't be with that huge smile and wonky walk :wub: :wink: ) but she couldn't believe it when I told her he was Staffy x JRT...she said 'oh but aren't both them breeds nasty????'. Glad to say she was turned on to staffys after our meeting but it goes to show what the general feeling is. :( :mecry:

loads of happy,waggy and sociable staffies at the show at Milton Keynes today. :wub: x

Loads at Bowood yesterday too :biggrin:

I hope the scheme sess many of these little piglets with a new human to lavish all their love on soon :wub: