UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

What Would You Do?

kiri_tc

This is quite a weird ask, so im looking for some advice on what to do.

A letter came through my door this morning, it was for my address, but had the wrong name on it. Its from a hospital in France so i opened it in case it was something important.

The letter says that it is in regards to this mans daughter who is 8 years old and has been hospitalized in France.

I dont know of this person the letter is addressed to, and so i am unsure of what to do.

Ive found the website for the hospital she is suposed to be in (or been in) but it says the cirtificated are not verified, so i dont want to go clicking anything in case its a spam letter with a spam website

what would you do??

here's the site Website of hospital, using a translator

didnt think of doing that! Ill pop it over to the police station later and see if they can help. I hate to think that someone is waiting for news on his daughter for it to go to the wrong address.

But on the other hand, i hate to think that its a spam mail and they are using a little girls details.

Thankyou for the advice, can always count on fugees :thumbsup_still:

I reckon it's some sort of scam - that website could be completely fake and I would imagine if someone's 8 year old daughter was hospitalised a) he would probably have been informed by someone already and b) they would tell him on the phone surely, not by letter :unsure:

I am sure I have seen a similar thread to this fairly recently, but I can't find it. When I first read the OP's post I thought it was an old one because it seemed familiar, then I looked at the date. Does anyone else remember reading something similar on here recently? :unsure:

I am sure I have seen a similar thread to this fairly recently, but I can't find it. When I first read the OP's post I thought it was an old one because it seemed familiar, then I looked at the date. Does anyone else remember reading something similar on here recently? :unsure:

I have a feeling it was Snow who needed to find a contact number for an Italian person.

Kiri - it might be worth asking the French Consulate in London.

Thankyou for all your suggestions :flowers: Ive not done anything with it yet as ive not been well the last couple of days, so have been in bed for most of it.

I was worried about the opening someone else's mail thing, but the letter looked very important and i was in 2 minds as to what to do.

Thanks Alison ill take a look. I have had mail before for this mans name, and ive simply popped it back in the post as "no longer at this address".