UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Battery Hen Liberation 27th May Spalding Lincolnshire

North Lodon Hen Rescue and Lincolnshire Pet Rescue are liberating 7000 battery hens from a local farm (Spalding) on Tuesday 27th May. Can you offer any a home ?? If so you would be able to collect from Spalding Lincolnshire on Tuesday 27th May. Please get in touch with me asap. Ali

North Lodon Hen Rescue and Lincolnshire Pet Rescue are liberating 7000 battery hens from a local farm (Spalding) on Tuesday 27th May. Can you offer any a home ?? If so you would be able to collect from Spalding Lincolnshire on Tuesday 27th May. Please get in touch with me asap. Ali

hi Ali my name is dawn. i think i may know 3 people who could give a home to some of these poor hens. could you let me have contact details so i can pass them on to them and they can arrange collection. thanks dawn

might be wrong, but im guessing this forum could get done under some sort of collusion/conspiracy/promotion criminal offence by allowing this thread.

also, battery hens arent genetically engineered to live after a certain age and suffer all sorts of illnesses once they continue after that time.

(worked at a rescue that legally took on some x-battery hens, they all developed terribly and none lasted long).

Edited by krusewalker

No the farmer is clearing out his stock and is not fussed whether the hens go to homes or to the dog food factory. Tis all legal and above board ;)

It's true that battery hens don't often live to full life expectancy but if they get a year of a nice life rather than going straight from hell to the slaughter house then I think that's a bloomin brilliant thing.

Edited by sproggie14

oh, my apologies. by 'liberate', thought the op meant illegally

It's true that battery hens don't often live to full life expectancy but if they get a year of a nice life rather than going straight from hell to the slaughter house then I think that's a bloomin brilliant thing.

thats a fair point, although i would say our x-battery hens did not live a nice life, as such. as they suffered illnesses for most of it and had trouble walking and breathing. but at least they got some daylight and sunlight.

Edited by krusewalker

We have had ex-battery hens that have lived for nine years and the average has been seven so I guess it must be the luck of the draw. We managed today to rescue well over a thousand birds so not bad work for 5 days notice. Thank you to all those who supported us. Alison

Lincolnshire Pet and Wildlife Rescue