UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

What Are You Currently Listening To

Pingu

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love goth music. Am a die hard Mission fan and still play some Sisters of Mercy stuff.

In that case you'll love Bauhaus, the original and best Spirit one of their later tracks so a bit more poppy, than stuff like In The Flat Field, give them a listen, you won't be disapointed, and of course you have to listen to their Goth anthem Bela Lugosie's Dead, you might also like the splinter group Tones on Tail Ok This is The Pops not as good as Bauhaus but worth a listen, or one I used get seriously creeped out at when I was a young un' UK Decay

although for the full effect you really need to listen to it on headphones, in your bed, in the dark :headphone: .

Ok then, hands up who fancied the pants of Pete Murphey :wavey:

They did a reunion gig last year in the States,I got rather annoyed at all the plastic Goths being interviewed in the queue, little git's, they weren't even born then :angry: Grrrrrrrrr

• 1 month later...

Don't want to start a new thread, but could any muso Fugees offer advice please? Input from Ange's hubby (for one) would be greatly appreciated :flowers:

Sol and I are currently at loggerheads over a busking tune issue. He's a purist and thinks that it should be played in 3/4 time. I think that 4/4 time would be better received by the public (the pattern of Sol's dance and the rhythm of the music are somehow both easier on the eye and ear in my opinion).

His counter argument is that he finds it easier to perform/dance in three quarter. However he's happy to dance to other 4/4 stuff and does so perfectly which leads me to suspect he might just be being stubborn :angry:

The tune in question is "Blue Moon of Kentucky".

Any advice welcome :flowers:

Edited by Alison

Personally, were I Sol's human slave, and bound to suffer a Sol strop if I went against him, I would just play it in 3/4 when he wishes it to be so, and put it on a walkman/ipod/listen to it on headphones at 4/4 when I wanted to, so as to avoid strops :flowers:

Should he need to perform to this tune in public I would go with 3/4, otherwise the quality of his performance may be affected by Soluffiness :(

Personally, were I Sol's human slave, and bound to suffer a Sol strop if I went against him, I would just play it in 3/4 when he wishes it to be so, and put it on a walkman/ipod/listen to it on headphones at 4/4 when I wanted to, so as to avoid strops :flowers:

Should he need to perform to this tune in public I would go with 3/4, otherwise the quality of his performance may be affected by Soluffiness :(

Perfect reply T! :)

A perfect reply indeed Theresa, thank you :flowers: I've given up any ideas of independence re. the Ipod suggestion mind you, just easier to bow to the greater Ginga knowledge and resign myself :rolleyes:

We're "being" the Andrews Sisters tonight (mostly Rum and Coca Cola but some Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy too - trying out a new routine that Sol fancied) so harmonious artistic relations are restored :flowers: