UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

No Audio Device

dirtychicken

This is driving me mad :wacko: :angry:

Jacob has a new pc - newly constructed by A Man - that we bought 5 weeks or so ago. We have the driver for the motherboard, the onboard graphics card, the onboard audio drivers, etc etc. We have installed the drivers.

Still the pc won't recognise the speakers.

I have tested the speakers in my pc and they work fine. I have tested other speakers in Jacob's pc. Nothing.

I have ensured that all drivers, etc are enabled. They're fine. All hardware is showing as listed (apart from the speakers :angry: ) and working.

Does anybody have any idea as to what I can try to get the stoopid thing to recognise the speakers, please???? :unsure:

• 1 month later...

HI there

right try the following

right click my computer and go down to properties, this will open a system properties box, click on the hardware tab. then device manager. down near the bottom it should say something like sound video and game controllers. (does it have a yellow exclaimation mark at the side of it?) Double click the sound/video game controllers line and it should expand it and show what sound card you have installed. Right click your sound card and tell it to delete it. Once you have done this go back up to the top of that window and click on the action tab and tell it to scan for hard ware changes, it then shopuld find the sound card . this should work

good luck