UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Kids And Helping Round The House

safneo

My kids are 9 and 6.

Ellis [9] is a stinking filthy messy argumentative stroppy little cow. Her room is a complete pigsty, she has no table manners, doesn't flush the loo unless reminded, won't wash unless forced, doesn't put her clothes in the laundry basket, won't help at all with chores without grumbling so much and making such a hash of it I give in and do it myself. She's completely vile. At school she is apparantly the complete opposite and will go out of her way to help anyone, is tidy, clever and outgoing, nothing like the sullen madam she is at home.

She can't cook [beyond microwave rice] and is clumsy in the extreme.

This is not the child I gave birth to and certainly not the youngster I taught to eat, dress, read, write and take pride in herself and her surroundings. I don't know what the hell happened but I do hope she grows out of it soon.

OMG - Ro would love her :ohmy: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My little boy is 3 and a half. He will help me put clothes in/take clothes out of the washer/dryer. He puts his dirty clothes in the laundry basket. He will hand me the pegs when hanging washing out. He cant open the dishwasher yet but he brings his dishes over to the dishwasher. He will also make a good attempt to wipe down the table after dinner. He gets a great kick out of putting the spare toilet rolls in the bathroom.

He tidies up all his toys before going to bed and everything has to be put in the right place. He gets quite cross if it's in the wrong place.

I think he's still a bit young to do the ironing :laugh:

I have never asked or told him to do any of this. He sees me doing it and wants to copy me.

He also makes me copious cups of tea. Unfortunately they're only imaginary ones :laugh:

Long may it last :wub:

My little boy is 3 and a half. He will help me put clothes in/take clothes out of the washer/dryer. He puts his dirty clothes in the laundry basket. He will hand me the pegs when hanging washing out. He cant open the dishwasher yet but he brings his dishes over to the dishwasher. He will also make a good attempt to wipe down the table after dinner. He gets a great kick out of putting the spare toilet rolls in the bathroom.

He tidies up all his toys before going to bed and everything has to be put in the right place. He gets quite cross if it's in the wrong place.

I think he's still a bit young to do the ironing :laugh:

I have never asked or told him to do any of this. He sees me doing it and wants to copy me.

He also makes me copious cups of tea. Unfortunately they're only imaginary ones :laugh:

Long may it last :wub:

My son used to be like that - I'm sorry to say that it did'nt last :(

My son is 17 in may and is a complete angel. He was born sensible and has always been open, honest and trustworthy. He cooks and cleans and takes care of his own room and does all his own washing and ironing, he started to cook at 8 yrs old and by the time he was 10 would make sunday lunch. he is a clean freak- when he was at primary school, his teacher cought him washing his shoes in the sink outside the loos- when asked what he was doing, his reply was 'i've been outside to play and my shoes got dirty'- he always cleans his shoes even now. I very often come home to a clean front room, hall, stairs and landing. He also walks the dogs a lot, and when his friends knock on the door the dogs get really excited cos they know they will be going to the woods :wub:

My daughter is 15 and the complete opposite, she will eventually bring clothes from the cess pit known as her room and put them in the wash- but only cos she doesnt like you going in her room. She will bake cakes and occasional savoury stuff. she leaves mess and leaves it till martin has a go at her- he talks to her like a parent not a brother! She does walk the dogs but not on her own- she's neither old enough or strong enough. on the plus side she is not temperamental :wub:

They are both very loving, and show concern for man and beast and that is what i wanted from them. They both make me proud :rolleyes: