UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Home Offered

Alison

• 1 month later...

According to Jodie they are seeking that special person to take on Dumbo as he has some issues. I filled in my thoughts on that in the guestbook this morning. I have taken in many old greyhounds and I don't take much notice of peoples opinions based solely on behaviour while the greyhound is imprisoned to the unnatural life of caged hound.

One I took in 3 1/2 years ago after he had spent 10 years in kennels owing to a ignorant assessment by his owner, turned out to be one of the nicest hounds I have ever met, or brought into my home. He was described as nasty and disruptive, a totally slanderous summing up of the old boy. He's laying on the sofa beside me as I type this, a credit to the breed. Now very much into the twilight of his life, but I'm so glad he came to me before he died all alone, maligned and unloved in a kennel.

You can only judge a hound when he/she has settled into a loving household, and not before.

Did this couple find their perfect oldie :unsure:

Poor old Dumbo, all of his prospective homes fell through according to the Castledon website. It does say he's not happy around young children though :(