UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Home Offered

Alison

The lady who runs Leicestershire RGT had an enquiry this morning by telephone. The spec is:

"Old greyhound who nobody else wants, not bothered about health issues, infirmity or appearance. Must be safe with cats and children".

I wondered about Dumbo at Castledon Greyhound Rescue. Does anyone know if he's still available before I point the people in his direction?

Leics RGT lady is quite new to rescue (making a very good job of it though), hasn't got into the networking side of things yet plus terrified of computers, hence the reason that it's me posting.

Thanks both :flowers:

Yes, I'd checked out every bit of info I could about Dumbo including his blog but just wanted to be certain that he is definitely available before I pass his details on. He struck me as ticking every single box so immediately - particularly the fact that he's been overlooked for so long and second to that his okayness with cats.

Re. Ethel, I will also pass her details on but ensure that if the people make an enquiry they ask specifically about cats.

Thanks both :flowers:

Yes, I'd checked out every bit of info I could about Dumbo including his blog but just wanted to be certain that he is definitely available before I pass his details on. He struck me as ticking every single box so immediately - particularly the fact that he's been overlooked for so long and second to that his okayness with cats.

Re. Ethel, I will also pass her details on but ensure that if the people make an enquiry they ask specifically about cats.

Hi Alison

Although we do check regularly with the rescues that ask us to advertise their dogs on our website, we obviously can't give up to the minute availability information because we are a third party. Only the rescue itself can tell you whether Dumbo is definitely still available. :flowers:

Dumbo is still showing as available on the Castledon Website. I've been looking at him for over a year and am just mystified that nobody wants this beautiful boy :mecry: If I could have a 3rd dog it would be him :wub: Really hope the right home comes along soon as I don't think he's coping so well :GroupHug:

Dumbo certainly sounds as if he fits the bill :wub: . Oh it would be wonderful to see him in a home - I keep going back to him - he reminds me of my Dougie .... it's those eyes. Having said that Ethel looks like a real sweetie and desperately needs a home too but am not sure about the cat status.

Mr & Mrs Bright have left a message on Castledon Kennel's answering machine. To say that they are smitten with Dumbo and delighted that I brought him to their attention would be an understatement! :biggrin:

Fingers crossed that he will be going home soon and forever.

Edited by Alison

Well from no interest for the past 2 years to prospective new owners queuing up!

Dumbo has not only just begun to go through the adoption process but has a waiting list of not just one but TWO families! :biggrin:

Although “my†people are a little disappointed to have missed out on Dumbo, they’re delighted that he’s found a home after waiting for so long. They’re going to telephone and see if Ethel might be suitable to live in harmony with cats.