UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Ipod And Itunes

Tobleronie

i know nuffink,but daughter says no, if you plug i pod in to new puter you will lose everthing :unsure:

Yeah, I am thinking if you sync the iPod with iTunes on your new computer (which presumably is "empty"), then it will remove what you did have on the iPod won't it? :unsure: Though you would think there must be a way round it somehow, I'm just not sure what.

<Helpful Ange>

My computer died on me, and I phoned the help line that they have on the IPod site, they managed to get my playlist on to my new computer.. :wink: I can't remember what number I rang but if you go on the site, it's so helpful that it won't take you long to find the right number and get everything sorted... :wink:

Edited by Kim

i found this:-

How can I copy or transfer music from my iPod to my computer?

In the official company FAQ, Apple originally stated that:

Synchronization occurs only in one direction, from your computer to your iPod. This means you cannot transfer music, automatically or manually, from your iPod to a computer, and you cannot use iPod to copy a music library from one computer to another.

With the release of iTunes 7, Apple revised the company FAQ to note (emphasis added):

Synchronization generally occurs only in one direction, from your computer to your iPod. This means you typically cannot transfer music, automatically or manually, from your iPod to a computer, and you cannot use iPod to copy a music library from one computer to another.

An exception to this is the transfer purchases feature which allows you to restore purchased iTunes content to your computer from your iPod. Additionally, if you legally are allowed to copy music or other media files, you can configure your iPod as a storage drive to move media files.

iTunes 7 allows one to use an iPod to transfer songs purchased through iTunes to as many as five authorized computers. This only works for songs purchased through iTunes, not those ripped from CDs or downloaded from other sources, which are much more common.

This restriction was designed to discourage casual music piracy, but unfortunately, this also prevents one from easily copying legally acquired music from one's own iPod to their own computer.

If you need to restore a music collection lost due to a system crash or want to transfer thousands of songs to a new computer using your iPod rather than again rip hundreds of CDs, fortunately, there are a number of easy to use freeware and shareware programs that make it simple.

For MacOS X, try Broken Helix and Senuti. For MacOS 9, try escapePod and iProber. For Windows, try SharePod and YamiPod. For Linux, try GUIPod as well as YamiPod (which supports MacOS X, Windows, and Linux).

here if it can help at all :wub: