UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Why Murphy

irons

What is it about my Murphy that makes other dogs want to mount him ????

We were out on our weekend walk on Saturday to one of our usual long walk places myself and Murphy and my friend with her Goldie Paddy ,they are best pals ,walking along side the river when a couple with two children appeared round the corner with their dog ,a collie , they all said hello and Murph set off with his ball wanting to play when the collie decided to try and mount poor Murph :wacko: as you can imagine he wasn't best pleased so spun round and gave a good old warning growl , the collie stopped what it was trying to do and Murph ran off but why do they pick on him as this has happed a couple of times now once by a tint Jack Russel and once by another little dog :unsure: He was totally put out by it and not a bit pleased as i am sure you can imagine so WHY do they do it and is it only him ???? I'msure it must happen to others?? :angry:

mounting is usually a dominance thing. The other dog either finds him submissive or is just proving that he is more dominant than Murphy.x

Murphy isn't usually a submisive dog at all!!! ihave heard this before , its strange because when its happened its usually a smaller dog but not this time asi t was a collie and Murphy is half collie and about collie size but chunkier :laugh: or as his Dad says fatter :wub:

It works the other way too, perhaps Murphy gives off slightly challenging signals and the other dog feels the need to prove that it is "tougher" and top dog over him.x

Hmm you might be right with that as some times Murph might give that attitude off him to other dogs as he is unsure about some dogs but lovely with others But i do wish they wouldn't mount him as he hates it and really puts him in a bad mood :wacko:

If he is a neutered male, I often find entire males seem to like the smell of neutered males, and I think because they get a bit confused as they doesn't smell like male or female to them they just mount them, my young male Rott who is entire at the moment ( they will come off when he's got his diabetes sorted and I get more weight on him) is always excited to see my Mum neutered GSD :rolleyes: and sometimes if he's feeling brave with my eldest Rott.. So it could be that???

If he is a neutered male, I often find entire males seem to like the smell of neutered males, and I think because they get a bit confused as they doesn't smell like male or female to them they just mount them, my young male Rott who is entire at the moment ( they will come off when he's got his diabetes sorted and I get more weight on him) is always excited to see my Mum neutered GSD :rolleyes: and sometimes if he's feeling brave with my eldest Rott.. So it could be that???

I have wondered if it is because he is a neutered male ?????

But why not pick on his pal Paddy maybe its because he is too tall ???? as he is a Goldie :wink: :wink: :laugh:

Well as I said our Chyse loves Mum's Jake, and doesn't really bother with my Tsar... Maybe the dogs mounting your baby just think he is hot stuff, he must be their type... :laugh: :laugh: I do find my hormonal Chyse is very attracted to neutered males... Thankfully he's not a dog that mounts anything but he flirts like hell with them and gets all excited.. :rolleyes:

Well as I said our Chyse loves Mum's Jake, and doesn't really bother with my Tsar... Maybe the dogs mounting your baby just think he is hot stuff, he must be their type... :laugh: :laugh: I do find my hormonal Chyse is very attracted to neutered males... Thankfully he's not a dog that mounts anything but he flirts like hell with them and gets all excited.. :rolleyes:

Well i will have to realise that i have a Babe Magnet on the end of the lead :laugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: