UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Agility Comp

billydog

Finn and I are off to our first agility comp this weekend :)

I'm excited and very nervous and have a few questions I forgot to ask at training!!!

We're doing the 'pre-competition class' and the show is unaffiliated but being run to KC rules.

What I really need to know is if Finn misses a weave pole, or comes off the dog walk or A-frame on the way up, do I start that bit of equipment again? What will get me disqualified? Any other tips?

Finn is so amazing I don't want to let him down, so I'm going to try and relax and enjoy it!!!

Good luck! You will have a good time, I believe the weather this weekend is better up where you are than it is for us southerners - I think I will be out in the hail on saturday and snow on sunday!

We'd love to see any pics or videos if any are taken - check out the videos thread below for some of us competing/training.

Anyway, missing a weave pole - either put him back in at the pole he came out or go back and start again. If you carry on without doing them properly you will get eliminated (E'd).

It's classed as a refusal if the dog comes off the A Frame before the down ramp, or if he comes off the dog walk before the down plank - if this happens, go back and start the obstacle again.

Here is the official marking scheme for KC rules (I've taken out those which I think will be irrelevant - like the table!) Hope this helps!:

Marking.

a. Standard marking (which must be used in standard classes).

All course faults in units of 5.

(2) See-Saw - must be touching the ground before the dog alights from the obstacle. A dog is considered to have refused the obstacle if it alights before the pivot point.

(4) Long Jump - A clean attempt should be made to clear the obstacle. Casual contact with the fore or hind legs will not be faulted. However, running past, jumping in and out to the side of the marker poles, or walking on or between the elements where no attempt has been made to clear the obstacle will be faulted as a refusal. Knocking down one or more elements will be marked as 5 faults.

(6) Hurdle/Wall - a dog should not be faulted if any part of the obstacle is touched and does not fall.

(7) Weaving Poles - The dog to enter the weaving poles with the first pole adjacent to its left side. Each incorrect entry to be classed as a refusal - further error, maximum 1 fault - failure to complete correctly before negotiating any further obstacle, elimination.

(8) A Frame - a dog is considered to have refused the obstacle if it alights before the down ramp.

(9) Dog Walk - A dog is considered to have refused the obstacle if it alights before the down plank.

(10) All other obstacles - fault for failure to negotiate correctly.

(11) Handler deliberately touching any piece of equipment or their dog - 1 fault.

(12) Refusal / Runout - fault for each refusal / runout.

(13) Three refusals / runouts - elimination.

(14) Out of control - elimination.

(15) Taking the wrong course - elimination.

(16) Fouling the ring - elimination.

(17) Contact Area - fault for each failure to make contact.

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: Finn was fantastic today!!!

I was so proud of him!! We came 8th in the pre comp jumping and 3rd in pre comp agility which was extra fab as we'd never done the full size a-frame and dog walk before :biggrin:

We got faults in both classes but these were entirely my fault :rolleyes:

Dead chuffed though!!!