UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Boosting A Dogs Confidence

Just had a thought, which won't help with boosting confidence but might just take the pressure off a bit. One of the things that the behaviourist suggested to help Rosie when other dogs come right up to her, is to have a pocket full of treats which you can throw on the ground for the approaching dog. It wouldn't work for every dog but it does for some!

• 2 months later...

Hi,

how are you and your hounds doing ? is MK - milton keynes ? if so i would be only too pleased to meet you with 1,2 or 3 of my dogs and make sure they are 100% under control so you can do things at your own pace with winnie.

ideally what you want is to teach winnie and the others to hold a stand off while you put a slip lead on the offending dog and deliver it back to the owner with the worlds most smuggest grin ever :)

also - try not to listen to the "commenters" - they should keep their mouth shut atleast until they bother to teach their dog a recall :) you are the responsible one - you are the one with dogs interests first and foremost :) dont let them knock your confidence and pride in your dogs !

Claire x

Not a lot of extra advise but I am happy to meet you and Winnie with the red duo half way a few times for walks. Snatch ignores dogs anyway or just sniffs them if they don't look and Ruby, well if a dog shouts at her she rather ignores it plus her body language when approaching dogs is 100% friendly from posture to movement to tail (and she is a diddy one lol).

Cindy :flowers: