UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Help Loobies Computers Broken

lazydaisy

I am posting this on behalf of my sister as her computer is being silly! when the comp is switched on it goes into the logo loading up part, then says we apoplgise for the incovenience windows did not start successuflly, then you get options to start up. But she cant get to any of the options.

Can any one help :(

it sounds like your windows is corrupted and needs to be re- installed or repaired. You will need the original Windows disk for this job.... And it's not an easy one. !!!!

PM for more info/or hubby says he could do it for you location dependant!

(He also said - "I bet you download music don;t you????" :rolleyes:

Edited by phoenix

A few things to try before a reinstall of Windows. If you are running Windows XP try one or all of these:

Boot up in safe mode:

Turn on the pc as it starts to boot up and before the windows screen loads press F8 several times you should get a black screen which offers you a menu with a few options, you want "start windows in safe mode" then see if it will load up. If it loads successfully you'll get the words "SAFE MODE" in each corner of your screen. Once it's booted up close the pc down in your usual manner - it maybe that there was a problem with the way windows shut down when last used and this could reset it and solve the problem. If you are lucky this is all it will be ....

If the pc still refuses to boot up after you've done a safe mode start up and shut down.

Start the pc in safe mode again exactly the same way as you did the first time.

go to start menu > accessories > system tools > system restore

Restore the computer to a date a few days before it started to play silly buggers.

Allow it to restart the pc in normal mode - hopefully this will undo anything that might have happened to cause the problem.

If neither options fix the problem

Start the pc once again in safe mode, run a full virus scan with your anti virus then shut down and restart.

If none of these work then you might have to consider getting someone to take a look at it.

thanx Phoenix's o/h Mark for talking to me :flowers:

and thanx to Snow for the advice (it has been printed out for me to take home) :flowers:

I am over one of my other sisters houses at the moment and will try the advice when I get home. If that doesnt work then the pc is having a little trip to Devon :rolleyes: