UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Unlocking Mobile Phone From Orange Network

mooandboo

I've just found this info:

Special Code/ Service provider lock code

This code is required to allow a phone “locked†to a particular network's SIM cards to be used with a SIM card from another network. For example, a Nokia handset sold on an Orange pay monthly contract may be locked to the Orange network. This means the handset will only accept Orange SIM cards. The unlock code varies from individual handset to handset, and you can only get it from your service provider. Expect to be charged for this code, plus any line rental up to the end of the initial contract period.

Has anyone done this successfully :unsure:

I have had phones unlocked, but not from Orange. We have shops in Leicester that will do this, but only if the phone is a few months old. If brand new they do not have the software to deal with it. Has never cost me more than a tenner.

Alison

I've just found this info:

Special Code/ Service provider lock code

This code is required to allow a phone “locked†to a particular network's SIM cards to be used with a SIM card from another network. For example, a Nokia handset sold on an Orange pay monthly contract may be locked to the Orange network. This means the handset will only accept Orange SIM cards. The unlock code varies from individual handset to handset, and you can only get it from your service provider. Expect to be charged for this code, plus any line rental up to the end of the initial contract period.

Has anyone done this successfully :unsure:

I found that the phone shop/market stall type phone unlocking places were unable to unlock my phone. It was a Nokia 6630 on Orange, so I contacted them and they emailed me the code to use to unlock it at a cost of £25.

It was very simple to do.

Good luck with yours :flowers: