UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Black Labrador Bitch Lost Oxfordshire

labbylover

Sia is still missing. She ran off after a deer whilst on a walk in Cornbury Park with her owners on January 15th. Despite searching for days there have been no sightings of her. Her owner is convinced she has been picked up by a passing car, she could be anywhere by now. Posters have been put up everywhere but nothing...she seems to have vanished into thin air.

She is microchipped and was wearing a brown leather collar. There are more details and a picture on doglost

lost.co.uk/forum.asp?ID=12133

Please keep a lookout for Sia, she is a rescue dog and has only been with her new family a little over a year.

• 1 month later...

crossposted[ with owners permission]

SATURDAY 8th March. Black Lab with greying muzzle covered in dirt, BRIZE NORTON. It walked up the path to Reynards Cottage, which is up a little lane near an old garden nursery off Burford Road and by the time lady had got downstairs it had been spooked. She said it looked WORN OUT. She did not see if it went back on to Burford Road or whether it went to NEW ROAD towards Carterton. Coat was blackish/orange (may be dead hair as my other lab is moulting like mad at the moment).

2. 10 days ago in SHIPSTON by The OLD SCHOOL where Church Street meets Stratford Street - black lab standing on its own trying to cross the road. Had very shiney black coat (possible if she was looked after by someone who has now dumped her because of publicity?). Can anyone help me at all??????????????

If anyone is in either of those areas can they PLASTER it with posters....pubs, trees, builders (she loves them!), garden centres, anyone with dustbins with food waste...

Update from Sia's mum

'Another sighting which corresponds to a sighting about 4 weeks ago (which we put down to being a muntjack). If you drive out of Charlbury B4437, past station and to top of hill (known as Rangers Lodge) go straight ahead towards Burford past the turning on the right to Chadlington, just after that the road goes down hill and kinks to the right....if you look left just there (there are five wires of electric fence with plastic handles on) a black labrador was seen in the middle of the field (which wood on one side and a green slope on the other) at 1.30pm yesterday. We sat and watched till it got dark last night the most amazing amount of bunnies, pheasants, muntjack and deer.....its like an oasis! I am going to email Cornbury as its no where near a footpath. If anyone fancies a bit of time out - you can go gazing there (tuck your car in by the electric fence!). The lady said she saw it as she was driving and was convinced it was not a muntjack. As I say this is the second person who as called us about that specific field and there was one sighting about 1/4 mile towards Chadlington at the beginning of Feb as well.....WHO KNOWS but will see if the game keepers can make any sense of it....I felt quite tearful sitting in the car watching last night. If it was her, she has picked such a lovely place (apart from the road!) lots of woods and lots of food and away from people! '

lets hope it's Sia

Futher update

1757 hrs 17 Mar 08

Have just cleared it with Cornbury. On way there now. PLEASE don't walk on the land unless you have permission. They stalk there ALOT and I don't want to upset the game keepers, head stalker. Fingers crossed. Will do scenting when I have more of an idea about the layout - tonight is just a "site visit" as need to see it first....

and then 2217 hrs 17 Mar 08

NOTHING!!!!! ARGGGHHHHH. Walked around with my other Lab, she was TOTALLY overexcited, its just heaven for dogs. So many smells and so on. There is some woodland, which is on the left hand side and then when you get to the end of the valley bit there is a big pine wood (the really dark dense stuff that you just cant see in to). There were alot of muntjacks which came out whilst we were on our walk - from a distance they do look like dogs....I just don't know what to think....From a dog point of view - lots of cover, lots of animals and a couple of big water troughs out of view of people.....there are tractor tracks and 4 x 4 tracks so people must be there quite a bit stalking etc but I guess she would lay low like the other animals would.....I guess everyone needs to spread the word for people to look into that area everytime they drive past and see if anyone else spots her.....