UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Proposal For New Greyhound Track

greyhound pal

Hmmm....

Actually Terri, I think Hibsdog1 is a tad touchy about the kennels at Seafield - what do you think? And its pretty funny the guy behind Seafield kennels plans and the guy behind this track live in the very same street in the Lochend area. I'm not sure what numbers they live at though or indeed whether or not they are one and the same. Am digging again and am close to actually getting through to the dirt...!

We've had a phone call from someone within the Council today and i really don't think there is anything to worry about :)

Before I forget, 'Kyle' is OH - could've kissed him for the post!

Amanda I've just looked in the phone book and I have his address if you want it, there is only one person with that name in that area so I am having a wild guess that it's him :laugh: . I've only heard from three of the numpties on the council and they are against it.

Is '' Kyle '' really that lazy :laugh: .

Terri

Interesting letter in the Evening News today:

Too heavy price for a night at the dogs

LIKE Brian Monteith ("I'd have a punt on Meadowbank hounds", News, February 1), I used to think greyhound racing was "a wonderful spectacle, a good night out and a fun way to relieve yourself of a small amount of money".

For several years, I attended race nights until I discovered something that caused brought my nights at the dogs to an end.

What I found out was that thousands of greyhounds are put to death every year before they even reach the tracks, after failing to come up to racing standard.

Many of these dogs are bred in Ireland and are killed there after being deemed not good enough to send to Britain for racing.

Nevertheless, it is the British greyhound racing industry that is responsible for the tragic fate of these dogs, as it is the demand from tracks over here that has caused them to be bred.

Greyhounds have been around for hundreds of years, but have only been raced since the 1920s, so Brian Monteith is wrong to say they "could become a threatened breed . . . if there were no race tracks".

I now find myself on the side of those who oppose the building of a new track in Edinburgh, which would lead to even more of these dogs losing their lives.

Alex McKinnon, Edinburgh