UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

I Did It!

JACKYSIAN

Sooooooooo excited just spoken to Peter (your're right Jayne he's lovely!!)and me and the Furry Freak (sidney) are going on Wednesday for a trail session!!! Really looking forward to it, sounds like it's something Sid will really enjoy!!!

I'll let you know what happens!!!! :elefant: :pinkie: :pinkie: :cheer:

Well done!!!!! I'm sure he'll love it :biggrin:

(Peter must be a nice guy - he opened up his campsite over new year to let us camp there :biggrin: )

Wellllllllllllllll..........

:biggrin:

:ohmy:

:unsure:

He was fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :partytime:

I'm so proud of my little man. He spent the first few minutes extreamly confused and didn't get what the fuss was about, but we managed to progress in 1 hour from Sidney finding anyway possible to NOT jump over the jumps, to him just doing it cos he wanted to!! We got as far as 4 jumps and the ball being roll from the thingy (okay forgot to ask the technical words!!), we decided to stop there as he had done so much, and was getting abit bored then! He kept looking over at the dogs playing and wanted to join in!! AND I was knackered..you didn't tell me I had to run around as well!!!! :laugh:

So then Peter asked if I'd ever tried agility with him? I said yes once and he was useless!!! So we did some of that as well!!! We managed the tunnel (oh he didn't like that first time...but after that running through it like a rat!!!) he did the jumps very well and them even managed the A frame a couple of times (after alot of tempting!!)

Peter says as Sidney is so ball obsessed he's very easy to encourage, he said on agility I'm allowed to train him with a ball (food doesn't do it for Sid) so he think's I should work with him on that as well!! He laughed and said you don't see many dogs like Sidney doing flyball!! I think he meant it in a nice way!!! :laugh:

So they are happy for me to go back next week and join in the team training sessions!! I know he's got along way to go, but from what we saw I think he's a bit of a natural (well got to try some work with other dogs nearby so actually I'll reserve judgement on that!!!! :biggrin: ).

Thanks for encouraging us to go, I really enjoyed it and what a lovely bunch of people!! :flowers:

Boooo Flyball is cancelled for the next few weeks cos of KC going round, and them going to Crufts!! Really miserable cos I enjoyed it so much!!

Anyway! Does anyone have any good training tips we can be going on with? Aside from the retrieving which Sidney does permantly anyway, is there anything else we can work on?

I'd keep his long distance recalls going - it really helps if you can walk with someone else, so that they can hold him and get him all excited so that he runs over to you a lot faster :biggrin:

If you fancy a drive over to Cheshire, you can come and train with us until they are training again :biggrin:

If you fancy a drive over to Cheshire, you can come and train with us until they are training again :biggrin:

I wish I could, money is too tight at the moment!! ! :( Would be great fun to see the professionals in action though!

thanks for the training tip, had great fun on the beach yesterday!! My friend nearly broke all her fingers trying to hold Sidney when I ran away from him (with the other dogs looking extreamly confused!!), his recall is really very good, but I do worry about him racing alongside other dogs! He does love to play and I'm not sure if he might just join in with them!!!! :laugh:

We had fun the otehr week in training when we set up 2 lanes for a change, even some of the professionals decided it might be more fun to go and join the other lane or just go round the jumps (cos one lane didn't have netting up!!), Kimba didn't though, he was a good boy and ran his lane very nicely.

Jasper has had his first session now and really enjoyed himself, the noly problem with him is that he has to pounce on the ball about 15 times before he can pick it up and bring it back. We all laughed a lot, but he is soooo cute :wub:

See that's why I enjoyed myself so much...no one was taking it too seriously!! I was worried that Sidney would be frowned on cos he is a rather silly dog, and he does love to play! But they just laughed at him when he jumped over the fence in order to get to the 2 dogs that were having a play!!!

Sounds like where you go is just as relaxed! I think Kimba is getting to be a real pro by the sounds of it!! You must take some photo's next time you go!!!

I really can't wait to go again, my friend is coming with her 2 dogs next time but her's are perfect clicker trained dogs...so I think I might be shown up by her!!!!!! :laugh: