UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

I Did It!

JACKYSIAN

I doubt you'll get shown up, they all go nutty when the fun starts. I will get some new batteries for my camera and take it with me next session, hopefully this weekend if the weather improves, then you will get to see photos of Jayne's super dogs as well as all the mental collies there!!

Hmm, Katherine can indeed confirm that my usual well behaved dogs go absolutely tone deaf when we get to the flyball field - I let Charliegoo out of the van, he struggles and fights against me to have his harness on, and then he goes and runs around the field until he finds a ball and then comes back to me with it - he'll even go and steal one from the ball bucket if he can't find one anywhere else :rolleyes: :laugh:

You'll have to let me know next time you are doing a show?

Also did you see Peter judging the flyball? Knew he was going to crufts to judge...didn't realise he was doing the finals!!! It was great fun to watch, but no way will Sidney ever be that fast!!!!!!!!!! :ohmy:

Kimba isn't that fast either, he tends to take too long getting the ball out of the box, he tries to suck it out first and if that doesn't work he stamps on it!! Jasper is too busy pouncing on the ball to worry about rushing back :wub:

And yes, Charlie does go absolutely manic when he gets to flyball, he is sooooo fast, even faster than the collies!

Kimba isn't that fast either, he tends to take too long getting the ball out of the box, he tries to suck it out first and if that doesn't work he stamps on it!!

:laugh: :laugh: That I would love to see!!!!!!

Sidney hasn't got as far as getting the ball himself yet...I think that might take a bit for him to figure out!! We've been doing agilty training at home with some horse jumps! He's getting alot better and sorted out that I actually want him to go OVER the jumps and not around them!!!!!!!!! He has a pretty good jump...but does get tired of it quickly, his attention span isn't that long, esp when the other dogs are playing!!!! :rolleyes:

You'll have to let me know next time you are doing a show?

Also did you see Peter judging the flyball? Knew he was going to crufts to judge...didn't realise he was doing the finals!!! It was great fun to watch, but no way will Sidney ever be that fast!!!!!!!!!! :ohmy:

Yep, it was a first that they've actually had a proper flyball person judging it - usually an agility judge is handed a whistle and shoved into the ring after a brief explanation of what to do. Although did you see on the telly how the first race of the final didn't actually show the result? That was because Nuneaton actually won it, and cos it's all done by eye, he made the wrong call (apparently), and that's why it wasn't shown on the telly!

Our next show is at Easter at our training ground - the PODS usually come to it, so you may find yourself entered in a starter team if he's up to it :ninja:

Most of the dogs in BFA flyball are faster than the crufts dogs, as they don't have to stop and wait at the box :)

Yep, it was a first that they've actually had a proper flyball person judging it - usually an agility judge is handed a whistle and shoved into the ring after a brief explanation of what to do. Although did you see on the telly how the first race of the final didn't actually show the result? That was because Nuneaton actually won it, and cos it's all done by eye, he made the wrong call (apparently), and that's why it wasn't shown on the telly!

Our next show is at Easter at our training ground - the PODS usually come to it, so you may find yourself entered in a starter team if he's up to it :ninja:

Most of the dogs in BFA flyball are faster than the crufts dogs, as they don't have to stop and wait at the box :)

I could easily see how mistakes are made, it's so fast!

Easter!!!!!OMG that's not long away!!!!! I'd love to come and take part, but will definately try and come and watch if I don't! Will do Sid good to come and watch anyway!!! :laugh:

Sounds like he is doing fine, I just have to speed Kimba up, he has got the rest of it pretty much sorted, we havn't tried without the netting yet, Jasper hasn't tried the box yet, he has only had 1 go at it so far and has then had 2 weeks off cos of the weather, all being well it will be on again this weekend I hope.

Keep us up to date on how Sydney gets on when yours starts again. Good luck!!