UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Missing Groo In Glasgow

tootsmazza

Pleas keep a look out for Dev, he is a Greyound Awareness League foster who slipped his collar on Sunday Dec 9 in George Square, Glasgow, and we are desperately worried about him.

Dev is a five-year old ex-racer who had only been in GAL care for a few weeks, he's veery timid and we think he is living rough.

Our last definite sighting was in Sighthill cemetery in Glasgow on December 15, Since then temperatures have plummeted and our volunteers have been out day and night with no success.

I don't need to tell you how concerned we are.

Any info please call 0776 589 7131

Thanks Marie

dev1.jpg

Have you posted on 'doglost'? If not, PM Sherlockbones with details.

Also make sure you contact local rescues and the local dog wardens. I'm sure people in the area will pass on details for you. :flowers:

Hope this stunning boy is back where he belongs very soon. :GroupHug:

No positive sightings since last Saturday, our volunteers are out again tonight in the area where we had the last definite spot. We can only hope Dev has found shelter somewhere, its been minus degrees for days in Glasgow.

Please think positive thoughts for Dev, we would all love a happy christmas ending!

Tootsmazza, please contact Dog Lost as soon as you can and give Jayne this information so that his thread there can be updated and people be alerted of the sighting. 01302 743361

Sorry, just noticed that you probably have your hands full with little Jack Russell. Do you want me to do this?

Hope you find the little lad. What a dreadful thing to happen.

Edited by susieq

I just updated the Doglost thread with latest sighting :)

Thanks for updating on my behalf, as you noticed I'm a little stressed with two very different situations at the mo. Dev, I'm terribly worried about because he's a groo with little experience of being a pet who has been out in the cold for a long time and is unlikely to trust strangers. The new sighting is huge for everyone involved in GAL.

Oscar has been our 'office dog' as long as I've worked with my current employer (7 years) and while we all knew he was reaching the end of his life at 15, this is not what we wanted, and his owner is distraught as my staff will be tomorrow when I have to tell them what has happened.

It was already a Christmas dulled with worry, now its just miserable.

Thanks again for your efforts. We pray Dev is home with us soon!

Marie

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for updating on my behalf, as you noticed I'm a little stressed with two very different situations at the mo. Dev, I'm terribly worried about because he's a groo with little experience of being a pet who has been out in the cold for a long time and is unlikely to trust strangers. The new sighting is huge for everyone involved in GAL.

Oscar has been our 'office dog' as long as I've worked with my current employer (7 years) and while we all knew he was reaching the end of his life at 15, this is not what we wanted, and his owner is distraught as my staff will be tomorrow when I have to tell them what has happened.

It was already a Christmas dulled with worry, now its just miserable.

Thanks again for your efforts. We pray Dev is home with us soon!

Marie

A DOG EETING DEVS DECRIPTION HAS BEEN SEEN IN KIRKINTILLOCH, IF YOU KNOW ANYONE IN THAT AREA PLEASE ASK THEM TO PAY ATTENTION

He has been bumped up to front page in view of recent sightings. Tootsmazza, do you need a mailout in Kirkintilloch? Not sure if that area will have been included in the first mailout.

Yes please, adding to frustration we are told a man contacted Milton on Dec 31st saying he had found a black greyhound and offering to leave details - apparently they don't take details :huh: and he has not been back in touch or contacted the police :angry:

We've only just been told about this?!? Even though everyone is aware we are missing Dev.

If anyone in the area knows a man who has recently taken in a black groo please ask him to contact GAL

• 2 weeks later...