UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Lost - Telford Area

Tilly1712

This is back much closer to where I work.Can you keep me posted Lindsey please.I'll alert others in my area too.

Edit: RE Doglost site, Lindsey the reason they may be struggling with a map reference is that the park is called Telford Town Park not Central Park.

Edited by Kats inc

Thank you Jules :flowers: Sighting was the Central Park in the map, not far from the train station. He was originally found in the Town Park when he went missing briefly on a separate occassion.

Spoke to Sue tonight and they're still concentrating on that area, no news since the sighting but he was seen twice there. Apparently the area has the offices with an underground car park, a lake and scrub land with lots of rabbits. If anyone's going to the train station could they please take some posters to put up round there :flowers:

He really needs to come home.

I'll print some off and speak nicely to the guy I know in the station tomorrow.He owes me a favour as I copied him one of my CDs.I live in TF4 and work in TF3 so will keep a close eye out and tell as many people as I can.I've just registered on Doglost too so can keep in touch that way.

Just being an idiot!?!..... Am I right in thinking it's the area at the end, and either side of Hollinswood Road? post code TF2 9TW

Looking at it on a googlemap the surrounding larger area looks roughly like a large diamond shape, bordered by the railway to the west, and the M54 to the south, Holyhead Road to the north, and Telford way (up to Priorslee roundabout) to the east?

Roz :wacko:

Sighting was the Central Park in the map, not far from the train station. He was originally found in the Town Park when he went missing briefly on a separate occassion.

Just to clarify, Tom's fosterers live in Runcorn, the Town Park he was found in last time he went missing was Town Park Runcorn, in the early days of being with Sue and Keith.

The whole situation is made so much worse in that Sue and Keith live at least and hour and half away and have a frail elderly cocker and a 16yr poorly cat to nurse too.

I know that Sue and Keith and i all feel the same, we cannot begin to thank those of you living in the area for your so freely given time and support, we would be totally stuffed in this situation with out you, so thank you very, very much.

Please Tom just show yourself to Sue and Keith so you can come home

Can't update Doglost site as account not activated yet but poster delivered to station and they are going to copy it and put several up around the station area.

Looked around the Central Park area.No sign :( I think I spotted a dome tent on the edge of the wooded bit behind Cap Gemini on the high ground at the edge of the dual carriageway.I'm wondering if someone is living rough there.I couldn't get to it as it's so overgrown but might be worth keeping an eye on.

I also went back to the Priorslee area by Coniston Drive where Tom was seen by the policeman.I think that big area behind there which goes right down towards Donnington and Asda might be worth a walk through.There's the big lake area and lots of housing backing onto it so could be a good hang out for him.There'a also the university campus over the roundabout there.

Tomorrow I will email out to the community nurses in Telford and also a few of the council staff I have on my work email.

• 2 weeks later...

No more recent sightings of Tom, although those who know the area don't find this too surprising as it appears it could be a haven for him.

But just a plea to ask all Telford and surrounds people to please continue to keep their eyes peeled when in the area, to walk their dogs in that area etc. All information would be so gratefully received.

We would also really appreciate it if there is anyone out there who feels they could check and monitor once a day a couple of 'food stations' in a couple of places on the park. Please don't hesitate to pm me if you feel you might be able to do this for maybe a week.

Thank you