UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Capitalism

taylor

I hate Capitalism, property developers ..... those that want a weekend home and people that keep more money in the bank than they need (which could keep an african family for a year .)

Western politics (we will keep all of this so we have far too much in the bank whilst others starve to death) Because we have NO CHOICE in paying it !

Communism .... we all work together to pay the kitty...................... Paying for the Chavs to buy their reeboks (cos they wont work)

If refugees were to run the world !

perhaps if we all were buddists we wouldnt encounter the animal farm type reaction to power ?????

Or the slight dribbling at the thought of money and its effect :bigdrive3: ..........

I think the answer is somewhere inbetween

Communism I don't think works, in principle the idea of everyone working towards the common good and sharing the spoils sounds marvelous but history ( and Animal Farm ) shows us that the leaders generally become capitalists themselves and the masses suffer

Capitalism does have some plus points and encourages enterprise and innovation, but it also has a negative side and promotes greed and materialism

nearly everyone has more than they really need ( be it money in the bank or possessions ) I know I have :blush02:

The whole 'need' thing is where it falls down. I'm sure we all here think that we 'need' to be paid enough to be able to buy pet food, vet bills and accessories, but in many cultures that would be considered an incredible luxury - in fact, I have British friends who would like to have pets but feel they 'can't afford them'. They aren't living on the poverty line, they can afford a few modest luxuries. They just have other priorities for their cash.

Do we really 'need' cars? Televisions? Fiction books? Internet access that isn't work-related ? Gardens? Music? Theatre? Films? Cream cakes? Life starts getting rather grim if you have a list of things that people 'need' and nobody is allowed to have or do or want things outside of that.

And personally, I'm just not selfless enough that I would be a useful contributor to a communist society. If I got paid 'according to my needs' (particularly if those needs were being assessed by someone else) then frankly, I'd do the minimum amount of work necessary to not get shouted at.

I quite like my job, but I wouldnt' spend anything like as much time and effort doing it. I don't think I could spend as long doing it, actually. Quite often if I'm working late or I'm working the weekend, because a rush job has to be done, and I'm the only one to do it, it can be pretty depressing. The temptation to think 'sod it' and walk away is enormous, and one reason I don't is that I know I'm getting paid for it in money I can spend, if I like, on going out for a lovely meal or buying myself a gorgeous jacket that, no, I don't need, but does make me feel good.

Edited by cycas

Maybe you are. Me, I don't like people that much. OK, some of them are nice, but a lot of them are rude, annoying, cruel, stupid and selfish.

I think the problem for communists is that they can't all go away and be selfless communists together. They have to cope with people like me, who won't work hard without an incentive.

It's easy to see the incentive for working hard if you are on the front line saving lives, but for a communist society to work, you also need people to work hard when they are, for example, maintaining the equipment on a fertiliser production line. (My father in law used to do this. It's surprisingly well-paid!)

perhaps then Im a communist ? I would never walk away from a job half done if it involved helping another person ! :biggrin:

but as a communist you would be helping the state not indivduals, and the state would decide when and how you worked and what wages you received

the state would decide how the money was spent and as you would be living under a one party system you could not complain