UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Dillon & Nelly Are Having Operations Tomorrow

cindere528

Dillon & Nelly are going to the vet's in the morning to have fatty lumps removed from their legs.

Any positive, healing thoughts would be very welcome please.

They aren't at all worried at the moment, but they won't be happy when they have to leave the house tomorrow before they've had their Weetabix :unsure:

Update:

Nelly was VERY nervous at the vets, I'm so glad I asked if I could stay with her. It took 3 nurses and me to get a blood sample, she was so scared, poor love.

Dillon was fine, he always is, as long as he can't see any other dogs.

After the blood tests, they were given their pre-meds and after a few mins, Dillon was taken into theatre for his op. I asked them to remove a couple of warts while they had him anaesthatised.

I sat near the nurses station waiting with Nelly & I saw them bring Dillon out of theatre to take him to the recovery ward. Then, just like on a film, the vet who had done the operation told me that it had gone well, the lump was definitely just a fatty lump, so no need to send it off for tests. The warts were just warts and he had cut them off, then cauterised them, so there are no stitches where the warts were.

Then Nelly was taken into theatre. She was very sleepy with the pre-med, so she didn't struggle at all when the nurse took her off me.

I'm now back at home and I should be able to pick them up around lunchtime, if they don't call me, I will be calling them around 1pm.

I think we're very lucky with the vets that we have, they not only understand the animals, they also understand when owners are nervous because their pets are having operations.

Edited to add - the vets have just called to say that everything is fine & I can pick them up at 12:50pm :)

Edited by cindere528