UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Stanley Needs A Home

sekhmut

stanley.jpg

Stanley is a young ginger and white shorthaired male whose owner unfortunately failed to get him neutered and he has therefore picked up FIV through fighting with other cats.

Also, somewhere in his past it appears he has been hit on a regular basis. He is very hand shy initially. Despite this, however, he remains an extremely friendly and very affectionate cat, who is quite chatty and is desperate for attention, human company and love.

He is an exceedingly handsome cat and we need to find a home for him as an only cat or with another FIV positive cat. He would prefer a home with no young children and he would be better with someone who understands cats and their behaviour.

Stanley is a gorgeous cat and he really does deserve a wonderful new home.

Are you an experienced ‘cat person’ who could make Stanley a very happy little cat?

Please call 01296 738558 or PM me if you can help :)

• 6 months later...

Update:

Hi everyone, my name is O’Malley; I am a 4 year old ginger rescue cat

I have been adopted by a lady who is rather special to me as I have feline immunodeficiency virus. which does not faze her one bit. Most normal families throw up their hands in horror as they think I have something dreadful that can be passed on to them. This is untrue. I lead a normal life with my owner.

O.k. so I have to be a house cat as I cannot consort with other cats, but that is no big deal as I reckon I have spent most of my earlier life living on the streets before I came here, so I have had my fill of roads, traffic and pouring rain. In fact while I was living rough I used to shelter under cars to stay dry, and my tail was all covered in motor oil when I arrived at my new home.

It’s true I do have some health problems, because of the virus I have a mouth infection which resulted in all my teeth being removed.

I have had, and am still on, antibiotics as the virus is still causing mouth ulcers, but the vet, who is a very nice man, is convinced he can cure me. I have had to have all my teeth out to try and fight the infection, but that is not a problem, I can still eat normally, having wet and dry food, the dry crunchy biscuits being my favourite. One big plus is that the Cat Protection league supports my owner financially.

My life expectancy could be quite long, and providing antibiotics can bolster my immune system, I could be with my owner a good few years, which is especially good for me and her.

I hope, when you read my story it will encourage you to give other F.I.V cats a home. We need love and care more than our healthy friends, as we are treated like outcasts, and so finding homes for us is not easy.