UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Meet Kelda...

~Canis-Equus~

My lovely new Deerhoundy girl!

puppies1.09030.jpg

puppies1.09034.jpg

puppies1.09032.jpg

These were taken last night and shed been here about 3 hours by this point.

What a stunning girl and she is SO chilled and and relaxed, she loves the big dogs, she loves her crate, she loves all her toys and she loves her cuddles.

Shes a fast learner too, by tea time tonight shes starting to head to the back door after meals, knowing its time to go outside, and we havent yet had a poo accident. Shes had a few weewee accidents but only one today, which is pretty good going i reckon.

Shes taking everything in her stride, anything scary she just sits down and contemplates it for a bit.

Shes even met my Mother who is (bonkers) not a big dog fan really, but came here specially to see her!!!!!!

Fankyoo to the breeder for letting me have her and for raising her and her litter mates soooooooooo nicely, those 8 weeks of work and love really show!

Em

I was starting to think we'd never get any pics! :flowers:

So was I!!!!

She is stunning Em - and has obviously made herself at home straight away!

Best of luck with her, I know this has been a dream of yours for more or less forever so enjoy her. Am sure she will grow up to be an absolute credit to you.

One thing though - three sleeping pics are simply not good enough! More, more, more..........

More pics coming soon!!!

She really has settled in well... we can go out of the room to make a brew or use the loo and she is only mildly curious.

Shes a proper madam, we had a Big Squawk Up last night, because I shut the crate door, and she wanted on the sofa..... approx 8 minutes of 'I Can Make A Very Big Noise' whereupon two big dogs left the room in disgust and I just ignored, and she settled down grumping to herself. She then slept for five hours and didnt wake up even when Big Dogs and OH came trundling down the stairs like a small herd of hairy elephants, although when she did i was still asleep and OH let her out, she immediately grabbed my bare leg with her claws andtried to scrabble up onto sofa....... ouch!

The other new thing from last night...... Pteppic would Like To Play....

Until 2am yesterday morning, Pteppic was treating Kelda with the same sort of caution one treats a small explosive device.... and with a look on his face similar to my Mad Auntie Betty trying to work out which slot the toast goes in on her new DVD player....

And then he found her On Switch.... and discovered her purpose.... PLAY!

So heres some not very good pics of her attempting to beat him up (she succeeded I think, he thought it excellent fun).

puppies1.09040.jpg

puppies1.09041.jpg

puppies1.09036.jpg

And..... my cat came home this morning. He's been AWOL for a few weeks, eating somewhere else, and I can only assume the Bush Telegraph told him there was Something Afoot at home and hed best check in... I think he likes her, he certainly likes helping her iwth her dinner. Shes less sure, he is an extremely LARGE cat!

Will sort more pics out soon.

Shes had a busy day today, been to my friends as we had to wait for an engineer to fix her boiler (who didnt show up in the end)....

She met Leela again (small black collie x) and this time they sussed each other out enough to play 'bosh each other on the head' games.

She met Siesta cat.... who was mean and walked up to her when she was asleep, hissed and smacked her. So shes not really sure on cats now... will get Sailor to show her not all cats are evil.

Shes also had her first chicken wing.... and found it to be delicious :D

Shes done lots of sleeping and todays 'new' thing is weeing on the grass automatically rather than because she particularly needs to go.