UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

What Do You Think About This

kay_w1

This is going back a few weeks now, but i think of it most nights when i go into work and it's made me wonder....

One eve when i went into work (in a bank) one of the cashiers, a young girl, was quite worked up over a letter she was reading in a magazine, she explained the letter was off a girl whose partner was threatening to walk out on her, because she was a huge big bro fan, and he couln't stand it.

the bank girl said to me "you just would't would you, you wouldnt risk a 4yr relationship over a tv programme, if he hates it that much she should just not watch it" i said i disagree, i'd tell him if he was that shallow to dump me over something that petty id tell him on his bike lol.

it's got me thinking though, so i thought i'd ask what most of you think, do you agree with me or her?

not even sure if this needs to be in contro or not...

If push came to shove I'd probably agreee with you but to be honest I'd say they both wanted their heads banging together. :glare: I can't see why anyone would value a tv programme enough to risk their relationship but nor why anyone would end one over something so silly :mellow: - to me it can't have been much of a relationship in the 1st place

my daughters love BB, hubs and i hate it

hubs loves motor racing, the rest of us hate it

i love csi - no one else has a choice but to watch it

simple answer in this house was having televisions all over the place, but no, i dont think id leave an otherwise good relationship over a tv programe, but, that said, i wouldnt not watch something just because my other half didnt like it.

Hmmm. :unsure:

Difficult one really. I agree with Ian though that they need their heads banging together. There are many more things that are more important in life than telly programmes. :rolleyes:

My ex hubby knew when we first got together in 1984 (I was 18) that I was already fostering dogs and voluntarily working at an animal rescue weekends and evenings. I had 1 foster dog/cat/ferret/rabbit etc at a time and I was lucky to be in a job if I had a foster doglet they could come with me.

It didn't seem to phase him. We married in 1985 and all was fine etc for a while. 7 years down the line, he started. :angry:

I divorced him in 2001. Best thing I ever did. :biggrin:

My hubby Dave understands what I like to do. When Dave and I got together I had 2 GSDs, a Maine Coon cat and a daughter. He was happy and accepted us as a package.

Yes I've rambled a little. :rolleyes: There's a first not!! What I am trying to say is that it should be give and take in any relationship. :flowers:

Dave has 200 odd Star Trek videos, he knows all the words before they are said, but he has them in the spare room and watches them on the tv up there. I watch my Corrie and Eastenders and the F1, Superbikes etc.

It should be give and take.

I let him have his Treckie stuff he accepts my doglets. Easy sorted. :biggrin:

And this last week while I have had the flu him and Max (my old man) have made more of a connection together. I haven't been out since last Tuesday, so if Max wanted walkies he had to go with Dave.

Sorry for rambling, just that this thread made me think a little. :flowers:

Kazz xx

It's give and take in any relationship. If she wanted to watch BB wants wrong with recording it so they could go out :unsure: . Oh loves watching motor-racing, bike-racing, golf, etc. I don't but, I'll stay in the room and just sit there quite happily, at least we are together. Sad I know :biggrin:

Edited by yena

the letter was off a girl whose partner was threatening to walk out on her, because she was a huge big bro fan, and he couln't stand it.

the bank girl said to me "you just would't would you, you wouldnt risk a 4yr relationship over a tv programme, if he hates it that much she should just not watch it" i said i disagree, i'd tell him if he was that shallow to dump me over something that petty id tell him on his bike lol.

To me, BB is the excuse, not the reason. There have to be cracks in this relationship already, so BB gives them something to fall out about. Any good relationship is about compromise. A half hour a day of BB wouldn't kill him, giving up the 24/7 live feeds wouldn't kill her. None of us know how great an obsession it had become and who was being most unreasonable, but I doubt BB is the real cause of their problems.

Recently I sat through a televised rugby match with the new OH, despite me hating sport and not having a clue what was going on. He didn't ask me to, I'd just have preferred to be with him than be somewhere else. I guess we're at that stage of our relationship. I hope we'll be mature enough to give and take if it ever becomes a problem.

I wouldn't risk a four year relationship over a TV programme but I would end it immediately if someone gave me such an ultimatum, I'd never give anyone that kind of control. One minute it's "I'll leave you if don't stop watching BB" what next?? Opens up the door to a whole list of ultimatums. I don't tell my OH what he can cannot do, or what he can or cannot watch and I'd be out of here before he finished his sentence if I tried to tell me what to do, not that he would, he's not like that or too afraid of a pan being wrapped round his head if he did :happy: