UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Uka Newbury

agilitymad

Anyone going?

I'm going up on Sunday and this will be my last show for 2007 roll on 2008 :rolleyes: Lucky has been doing really well in training but i bet it will all fall apart in the ring (me not Lucky) writing this i can feel butterflys :biggrin:

Luckys waits are better but so are his contacts so i think this goes hand in hand as when i don't have a wait Lucky doesn't do contacts :wacko: does anyone elce find this?

anyway see you there if your coming :flowers:

I'll be there on friday night camping through to sunday. Its our last agility show of the year too, and megs first time in novice steeplechase!

I know exactly what you mean megs been doing brilliant running contacts at training but that all fell apart last week at pitp. I think that if they don't do the wait it just means they are too enthusiastic and ergo the contacts disappear as well. With willow as soon as she starts singing in the line and goes before james is ready you know its going to be a disaster of a course!!

On the other end of the scale murphy is brilliant at training, so fast and accurate, yet at shows he loses all enthusiasm!

Why can't i just have a consistent dog!

well we had a bad day and i have had a hard look at whats make Lucky happy and myself happy and its not agility Lucky was so stress because i was so we are calling it quits no more agility for us :( we just find it too stressfull. :mecry:

i love my boy and hated seeing him so unhappy he loves his flyball and that is what we both love to do :wub:

sorry forgot to say Weldone to Lucy and Meg as they won the Power and Speed and had a really good weekend :flowers:

Edited by agilitymad

well we had a bad day and i have had a hard look at whats make Lucky happy and myself happy and its not agility Lucky was so stress because i was so we are calling it quits no more agility for us :( we just find it too stressfull. :mecry:

i love my boy and hated seeing him so unhappy he loves his flyball and that is what we both love to do :wub:

sorry forgot to say Weldone to Lucy and Meg as they won the Power and Speed and had a really good weekend :flowers:

Oh what a shame for you both but you're right Agility is supposed to be fun first and foremost (otherwise I wouldn't do it as my dogs use it to make me a figure of fun!) have fun at Flyball!

Well done to Lucy and Meg :)

sorry forgot to say Well done to Lucy and Meg as they won the Power and Speed and had a really good weekend

Thank you so much, we did have quite a good week end. She also came 2nd in beginners agility on saturday, but we are still searching for the elusive 2 points in agility we need to go to novice after a very disappointing round on the sunday - just one missed contact. She also went clear on her first run in novice steeplechase so i'm pleased with her.

Murphy managed 4 clears throughout the weekend. Jumping and steeplechase on the saturday and power and speed and agility on the sunday. He just missed the placings in agility on the sunday getting 11th place, which is not bad for a slow and steady spaniel.

well we had a bad day and i have had a hard look at whats make Lucky happy and myself happy and its not agility Lucky was so stress because i was so we are calling it quits no more agility for us we just find it too stressfull.

I know what you mean, i find agility very stressful and wonder why i do it sometimes, but luckily for me meg and murph do seem to enjoy it. Sometimes i wonder about ellie but i tend to not push her anymore. The main thing is that you both have fun. I think its brave that you have made the decision and from the sounds of it you will both be just as happy doing flyball which both lucky and oni excel at.