UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Wounds? Infection? Mites?

Kate

Yesterday I noticed that Poppy has a couple of circular crusty scabs on her head and tops of her ears - not an awful lot, but there nonetheless - previously I'd seen a couple and thought they were old scars from single teeth puncture wounds from fighting - as she does have several scars on her face and legs and weird scarring that causes the bottom of her ears to fold up.

I did wonder if it might be mites, but if it were sarcoptic surely she would have lost fur everywhere (she does scratch occasionally, but nowhere near the amount I'd expect with mites) and if it were demodex then the fur would shoot out when squeezed, but this didn't happen either..

I should also add that she's been with us for about a month now and Mir our other dog has no problems whatsoever - again, making me think it is nothing infectious..

I've cleaned the area with tea tree oil, and will be checking it over the next few days to see how it goes and if it disappears - just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this, or might have come across it themselves?

Edited by Kate

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...