UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Lbc Radio

Allie No Dots

http://www.lbc.co.uk/article.asp?id=26153 Listen here!

Please ring in! they have suggested all dogs should be muzzled or put down on the spot! All staffies are evil! All staffie owners want them to look hard! Im am fuming!

http://www.lbc.co.uk/Article.asp?id=225686&spid=9715 to email or fone

Edited by A.L.L.I.E.

it was a horrible hour for the Staffordshire Bull Terrier, described as a loaded gun, a landmine waiting to go off, why would anybody want to own one, no wonder there are so many at batterseas dog home,

with the advice to get rid of yours right now, if you got any sense, words to that effect

A depressing evening in all

Amanda

Transcript of the show as below

Lady caller I was thinking of getting a staffie

Nick abbot don’t get one of them you might as well have a landmine as a pet

Lady caller

I went to Battersea they said they are lovely

Nick abbot Im not surprised theyre probably desperate to get rid of them I would think

Lady caller well I was thinking of getting one im not now though

Nick Abbot Don’t get something that’s as dangerous as a lion, get a Labrador

You cant go wrong with a Labrador

I was going to read this out going back to what I was banging on about last week about dogs

Staffordshire bull terriers, people rang up in droves saying theyre lovely, gold as gold, not a violent bone in their muscley little bodies,

co presenter theyre lovely they are,

Nick theyre great with kids well they do like kids they find them delicious,

In the paper this week

A toddler is recovering in hospital from I quote horrific injuries after being by a dog she tried to stroke in a pub garden, Wow she tried to stroke it well you can see why it might take offence at that.

Presumably animal was not on lead or wearing a muzzle

They have brains the size of a pea one little synapse to misfire and they’ll go for you and even if it is on a lead theres nothing you can do to stop it because its stronger and more violent than you it fights with its face.

Co presenter Even if you decide to have a dangerous pet don’t take it to a public place

Nick abbot Though youd have difficulty trying to walk it anywhere else unless you were prince charles and happen to own 1000 acres

Don’t have a pet that was bred for fighting I mean that just makes sense to me I mean you might as well just drag a loaded gun around on a piece of string it might go off or it might not you have got no idea

Mother and friends Had to hold part of the toddlers face on, (this is unpleasant and nasty ) as her lips nose and cheek were badly torn as it was pulled away isn’t that great, Staffordshire bull terriers oh theyre lovely

Police have seized the dog said to be a Staffordshire bull terrier from its owners a dog like that shouldn’t be allowed in public the mother said

There you go as I said suddenly for no reason whatsoever a switch goes off in its mind oh but theyre lovely really. These things should bre banned any dog that is stronger and more vicious than their owner should be banned am I right and if all these people ringing in to tell me ooh ive got a staff and its never done nothing wrong, you can get rid of em right now, I mean it, I will not hear one positive word about these dogs. I am right, note it down.

Pat rings in on about her neighbour being attacked by rottie another friend by a jack russell any dog of any breed can bite the problem is a child face is on a level with the dog

Nick the problem is when a rottweiler bites you it can kill you unlike a jack russell

Pat I have a black lab but whenever my grandchildren are here its behind a gate

Nick Abbot pat if only everyone was as sensible as you

Pat I have friends who say I have a lovely dog who would never hurt anybody

Nick ahh but it hasn’t yet

Pat No but I had a sweet and gentle dog and one day I turned as I heard her growling and my neighbours child had its finger up her nostril

If anyone is worried their dog may bite or fight should just put a muzzle on it.

Nick unfortunately the people who own these dogs that do rip the faces off children aren’t worried about it because they don’t think

Nick I think we need to change the law all dogs out should have a muzzle on THE END any dogs found without a muzzle on should be put down immediately

If a dog is actually bred for fighting, if that’s its reason to be, why have that as a pet that’s insane.

Woman rings and says an off lead staffie approached her and it growled at her that she was terrified and thatit is ok to say dont show fear but you cant help it and that staffies are owned by puny people trying to look hard

Nick that’s exactly why they buy them because they think it makes them look hard

I mean it any dog of any breed found out without a muzzle should be put down ON THE SPOT

Woman urges anyone looking for a dog to get a greyhound

Nick says greyhounds don’t really appeal to me cos its not really a dog it’s a bag of bones if you stroke it too hard you feel it might crumble and its not something you could hug its like hugging a skeleton

Co presenter I mean that’s the whole point of a pet isn’t it something you can show your affection to

Prattle on about greyhounds and supermodels being alike

I can't believe this utter moronic ar****le can be allowed to get away with these lies and drivel. It does matter what he says because a lot of his listeners are obviously stupid enough to believe his word is gospel. Since when were Staffies bred for fighting and how dare he slag off greyhounds too. He should be put down on the spot - him and his cronies are surely going to be responsible for even further abandonment and destruction. I just don't understand how this is legal :angry:

Edited by greyhoundgirl

Would anyone like to contact this ahem person in a professional capacity and ask to have a slot on his show.

we tried last night but he quite clearly meant it when he said he would not take calls from anyone saying anything positve about the breed as although promised neither melp or allie got a call back

hes quite happy to make sweeping accusations but obviously doesnt want to discuss this with people who know what they are talking about

Here's what I put, wonder if anyone will actually bother to read it.

Nick Abbott - what an uninformed and prejudice person this DJ is. How dare he say that all dogs should be muzzled or put down without allowing people with positive comments about dogs to come on the programme and talk to him. By all means hold a reasonable debate on the subject but to only have his side heard is wrong and does nothing to help stop these unfortunate attacks on children.

I've just got a reply.

Dear Paula,

Thank you for your comments. Our presenters do express opinions - as do the many callers and contributors who feature in our programming across the day.

We understand your point, nevertheless, and thank you for your comments. They are always considered.

Regards

David Lloyd

Managing Dircetor