UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Tracing Your Dogs Family Tree

one.eyed.dog

I have got the 5 generation pedigree. Because she came from Wales I am worried she may be from a BY. I suppose I want to know if she came from a decent breeder.

Have tried using her posh name on Google but, nothing.

Edited by one.eyed.dog

Right. Have looked on the link and if I bring her papers in tomorrow I can see if any of the names match the breeders names listed.

Thank you.

Oh. Incase anyone is wondering. She is spayed and it's just me being nosey. I would never breed.

Someone commented on what a stunning dog she was the other day and asked her breed. I told them and said she was a rescue. They could not believe it. I said you can get pretty much any breed you want in rescue nowadays you don't need to go to a breeder.

The affix would probably be "Sweet Chariot"

Do you have the Kennel Club Registration papers as well ? They should give you the breeders name.

If so I would stringly recommend you change them to your name.

If you can give us the names of some of the dogs she is bred from perhaps we can help you in the research too.

I never bothered re-registering her in my name with the kennel club as I'm not interested in showing and it was a tenner. I changed her micro chip papers to me though.

Should I ask the rescue that organised her re-homing for some sort of reciept?

I'll bring the papers in and try and match some of her parents/grandparents etc tomorrow.

I looked on the UK breeders thing and there does not seem to be a Sweet Chariot maybe further back will show something up.