UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Advice Needed On Tail Amputation

bonniebird

As you all know, Token was spayed and had to also have the end of her docked tail amputated, due to very poor docking :angry: She has always had a kink in her docked tail and it turns out that it was broken during being docked :angry:

Anyhow, the vet gave her metacam for her tail and spay. She left the tail alone, but now she is off the metacam, it is irritating her. Any ideas as to what we can put on her tail to stop the itching? Preferably homeopathic.

Tokens tail on day of op :ohmy:

tokendayofop.jpg

and one week later

1weekafterop3.jpg

Karen x

Mankuna Honey helps wounds heal faster and is good for skin irritation. The downside is that it tastes good and might encourage him to lick more - not sure how you'd get round that without a Buster collar.

If you want Homeopathic, Arnica is good for any injury and particularly after surgery - How recent was the surgery? If I'm right in thinking it was in the last week or two, probably 30c, one tablet three times daily for a few days, otherwise 6c, same dosage. Hypercal is good for bathing wounds, it's Hypericum and Calendula, I don't know if you'd get it in chemist, but you can order from Freemans www.freemans.uk.com You put a few drops in cooled boiled water.

The other suggestions are all great, only other one I can think of is Colloidal Silver, but again, it's not Homeopathic, but is antiseptic, antibiotic, etc just like honey, only honey tastes better :wink:

Best thing probably is Healing - the energetic part of the tail is still there. I'll send some Reiki if she wants it, someone local could help too.