UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Request For Dog "cake" Recipes

Mrs B

I was wondering if anyone had any recipes for dog treats/cake that could be cooked in a conventional oven.

I have managed to track down a couple of recipes on here – but these involve using a microwave to cook them in – and in my kitchen it was a choice between having a microwave and having an oven – and those who know me will understand that the oven won, and the microwave is now stored in a wardrobe! I’m not sure that using the microwave recipes in a conventional oven would produce a good result. Has anyone tried?

All suggestions welcome.

I very rarely use the microwave when I'm making dog treats (I tend to make loads in bulk so its quicker to use the oven)

As well as liver cake I make sardine cake (substitute the liver for 2 cans of mushed up sardines.)

Mine also like banana bread - mushed up bananas, honey, flour, eggs and porridge oats. All mushed up together and then whacked in the oven. (Not very specific cooking instructions I know :rolleyes: ) I usually use 1 egg to 5 medium sized bananas and then enough honey to taste. And then mix in the dry ingredients until it looks like a scone mix.

I cook all my treats in a hot oven until they look cooked! :unsure: