UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Please If You Have Greys

Katiebob

Oh I know that sound only too well. The first time I heard that blood curdling noise was while I was driving :ohmy: I nearly crashed the car cos I thought there must be a fight to the death going on in the back :unsure: Stopped the car but couldn't find any reason for Ellie's awful screaming. This happened a few more times in various places and I later learned that it was undoubtedly cramp. No idea why but it stopped after she'd been with us for about 3 months - perhaps better diet/exercise/bedding :unsure: It really is the most awful noise they make, but as for being wimps my other greyhound Barley hardly made a sound when he broke his leg in 3 places!

Beautiful new girl by the way :wub:

I'm laughing. Not because she's got cramp bless her but because that sound is the scariest thing in the world the first time you hear it. And the second, third, fourth etc :laugh:

Cisco used to do it quite often but when he really was ill he didn't wimper. Dennis will do it if you happen to open the drawer where the nail clippers are kept :rolleyes:

She's beautiful Di :wub:

Blue did this. But he kept it up for a whole day. Off to the vets we went, he still wouldn't put his foot on the ground. So he went in for x-rays to make sure that he hadn't got the dreaded "C". (Greenpark fox as grandad. :( ) Afterwards out he came walking on a four paws!!!!! They couldn't find a thing wrong with him and the only thing they could think it was.............cramp!!! Cost just over £180.00 to find out there was nothing wrong!!!! :rolleyes:

He's never had it since!!

ETA. Congratulations she is gorgeous.

Edited by greys mum

Lloyd cramps up regularly and will hobble to me for a massage :)

Con has only had one really bad attack and we had to massage him literally from nose to tail to relax his muscles. :huh:

And yes the screams are terrifying :ohmy:

As has been said- they are very stoic if really hurting :unsure:

Fin, one of our lurchers suffers like this occasionally. It seems to be his shoulders that pain and he squeals for a couple of minutes and has a rub and then he's fine again. If it happens more than usual (once every month or so) I'll get him checked out.

Abby and Dilly have occasionally done this nad i did initially think 'cramp'.....

However i have a trapped nerve in my back and just occasionally from time to time, it becomes trapped when im lying down asleep.... if its anything like what happens when im awake the leg goes numb, but not that hurty numb you can feel..... just NUMB as if its not there, and cold, in fact all i can feel is cold.....

Anyway a few times i have woken up with severe pain from my upper thigh, so bad i have actually SHOT out of bed yelling (and for those of you who have met me, youll have guessed im not the sort of person who leaps anywhere, never mind out of a cosy bed!).

So i suspect with a pointy dogs long back and their usual history of extreme work to boot, its quite possibly a trapped nerve.

Edited by ~Canis-Equus~