UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Did Your Dogs Do This While On Burns?

Tempest

I switched Ollie and Jess from Arden Grange over to Burns about 4 weeks ago and since then Jess has had really runny poos :unsure: The other thing that I hadn't quite connected at first is that she's recently starting eating other dogs poos when out on walks which she never did before either :ohmy:

I'm thinking it's related to the Burns and am going to switch her back to AG but I wondered if anyone else had this experience on Burns?

Which Burns variety are you using and did you switch over gradually?

Rosie ate poo while eating Burns, but has also done it while eating Burgess and the food we tried in between. It's a horrible habit, but I think it's related more to what's in the food eaten by the dog that did the poo!

My revolting labs (try and) eat more poo at certain times of the year. Not sure what sets them off.

Wonder if someone has started walking where you walk with a dog that is fed food with lots of enhancer additives or high protein that's not fully digested by the time it comes out the other end?

Mine that eat poop do it whatever I feed them on. Their breed do. I think they do get a whiff of what's in the poop and want to eat it again. I think if you put pineapple in their food it stops them doing it. Burns is particularly strong in smell and taste so that doesn't surprise me in the slightest. Especially the fish one. I've actually tried one of those. They're quite nice. Taste like salmon to me.

My Viz are prone to sensitive tums but I get away with feeding all of mine Burns. I do know it doesn't seem to agree with all dogs though.

If your dog is known for being sensitive anyway Chudley Sensitive is a good brand to try. Otherwise Autarkey is good too. Both a lot cheaper than Burns but Burns suits all of mine so well. Lovely shiny coats etc.

They're supposed to do less poop if you feed them Burns but I find mine are the same as usual.

I think it's related more to what's in the food eaten by the dog that did the poo!

In circumstances like this I'd be inclined to agree.

One of mine decided the other dogs' poo was very tempting when on CSJ Turducken (they were all on it) but I hadn't had the problem before and haven't since on any of the other CSJ varieties.

Mungo is on Burns for large breed puppies. I have to say his poo is small (compared to Duke and Coco :rolleyes: but then anyones is compared to them!!) and beautifully formed :biggrin:

I used to feed Burns to Duke - when I was trying to find something that suited colities, and he never showed an interest in eating the *end result* or anyone elses.

Sorry should have said but Jess isn't eating her own poo but rather the poo of other dogs - if that makes any difference!!!

Jules , Boysie and Smudge have been doing this on/ off since Jan :angry: As it coincided with them going on a diet, we thought it was their way of 'rebelling'. But we did change their Burns at about the same time :unsure: They have Naturediet in the evening (Chris can't face it first thing :rolleyes: ), so now I'm beginning to wonder..........