UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Spiny Mice Ready For New Homes

sproggie14

Following the huge rescue of about 600 spiny mice, these guys have now passed their gestation period so are all now ready for homes.

I currently have about 50 mice looking for homes in at least pairs or trios. Although they are an exotic species they are suprisingly easy to care for. They don't chew so can live in most types of cages with a bar spacing of about 1cm or less. They seem to do well on a basic hamster mix supplemented with some sort of animal protein such as mealworms or a small amount of cat food. They are surprisingly tame given their background and will come to the cage door to see you and happily wander about on you. They very rarely bite and when they do their jaws aren't strong enough to even break the skin. They are very amusing animals, full of fun and mischief and really quite clever. They all have their own little personalities so you can form quite a bond with them.

These guys are based in Surrey but we can usually organise transport and we also have other mice in foster homes dotted around the country. So if you have a little space in your life for these guys they would really appreciate a home. Not only for their sakes but because they are of course taking up quite a bit of space in rescue through their sheer numbers. Space which we really need to be able to help other animals as well. They don't ask for much and they are so much fun to have around! Everyone who has met them has been well and truly smitten.

If you would like more information about them please email me on [email protected]

spinybabies.jpg

spinymouse.jpg

Sorry, not from you, i didn't think to check from who it was ;) my apologies! :)

She has a fear that you won't let her have the spinies as she is technically a rodent breeder *but* she doesn't breed the Egyptian Spiny Mice (and has no intention to breed from any animal she doesnt know its genetics). She is willing to take on the Spiny mice and rehome them herself if that is what you wish, she has taken in a good few rodent rescues and found them great homes where they are much loved!

I wan't to check first with you about that issue before letting her know so she goes rushing about getting tanks ready if she isnt needed ;)

We've had a couple of other rodent breeders foster them for us so that wouldn't be a problem. We'd ask her to run any homes by us first (these guys seem to be attracting a high proportion of nutters!) but if she wanted to foster and try to find homes herself that would be a great help :)

I will certainly get her to contact you then :) she has lots of huge tanks!

If you are interested, her website can be found on google at thames valley rodents ;) just incase you want to look up more about her whilst waiting for her to contact you :)

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I got my spiny mice on saturday, from a different rescue but I thought I'd post a few pics on here to bump up the thread :flowers: They are adorable, I am soooooo in love with them. I have 4 girlies :wub:

IMG_1994.jpg

IMG_1993.jpg

I can't think of any names for them at the moment though - all I can think of is boys names :(

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...