UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Clicking Lexi

I have decided that my English "oldie" needs to learn some silly tricks :biggrin:

Today I taught her, when sitting facing me, to put her foot on my knee when I stick my leg out, Her right food on my left knee, her left foot on my right knee. She learned so fast ! I did 2 short training sessions with her, and when Martin came home an hour later, she showed him how clever she is :biggrin:

Wonderful, well done Lex!

Inspired by the claw clipping clicker video, I've been doing a bit of training with both Lily and Rose this week. Rosie let me cut her claws with no fuss whatsoever this morning! Lily is learning much more slowly but I'm sure we'll get there in the end.

Wonderful, well done Lex!

Inspired by the claw clipping clicker video, I've been doing a bit of training with both Lily and Rose this week. Rosie let me cut her claws with no fuss whatsoever this morning! Lily is learning much more slowly but I'm sure we'll get there in the end.

Was that the one I posted? with the airedale? :biggrin:

Glad to hear things are going well, that was a fab video!

Lindsay

x

I have decided that my English "oldie" needs to learn some silly tricks :biggrin:

Today I taught her, when sitting facing me, to put her foot on my knee when I stick my leg out, Her right food on my left knee, her left foot on my right knee. She learned so fast ! I did 2 short training sessions with her, and when Martin came home an hour later, she showed him how clever she is :biggrin:

Go Lexi!!! Well done Anne, I love the way you always do things with your girls -they are so lucky, you really are an excellent Doggie Mum :flowers:

Lindsay

x

ps sorry I'm so bad at sending piccies... :mecry:

Was that the one I posted? with the airedale? :biggrin:

Glad to hear things are going well, that was a fab video!

That's the one, thank you Lindsay!

I obviously don't have your training skills Anne as I find clicker training really difficult. It's the timing bit that defeats me. What I really needed was a worthwhile task to work on, just like the dogs!

ps sorry I'm so bad at sending piccies... :mecry:

yeah you should be, I'm still waiting :glare:

....:flowers: :laugh:

I obviously don't have your training skills Anne as I find clicker training really difficult. It's the timing bit that defeats me. What I really needed was a worthwhile task to work on, just like the dogs!

we can just say I am lucky? I hope it doesn't come across as me having perfectly trained dogs, cos they certainly show me up enough :laugh:

I just find that emphasizing the good things makes everything feel better :happy:

And I am sure when Lexi and I get to more complicated stuff, I will have my work cut out for me!!

I can't decide what to teach her next, any good ideas??

yeah you should be, I'm still waiting :glare:

....:flowers: :laugh:

we can just say I am lucky? I hope it doesn't come across as me having perfectly trained dogs, cos they certainly show me up enough :laugh:

I just find that emphasizing the good things makes everything feel better :happy:

And I am sure when Lexi and I get to more complicated stuff, I will have my work cut out for me!!

I can't decide what to teach her next, any good ideas??

Yes - how about, putting toys in a basket ? or putting rubbish into a basket? :cool:

I'm teaching Banya this at the moment ...

ermm well yes... Akita has ripped all their toys apart, and Lex' fave pass time is to take trash OUT of the trash cans :unsure: .. if we don't lock it away before leaving her (latch key life will do that to a dog lol)

I started working on her "crawling" this morning... she has powerful paws, ouch :happy:

• 2 weeks later...

Lexi and I have not been doing much over the past week, but last weekend on her holiday to my family in Fyn, she was apparently sitting next to the table at dinner time lifting one paw, then the othe, then the first and so on :laugh: :rolleyes: Martin had to explain to my cousin what it was she was doing, and it worked cos my cousin gave her little daughter some meat cut out she could give her :wub:

Today Lex will be coming to dog training class with me! It is the motivation class, nothing too serious, but I am all excited about it :cool:

Lexus was so good on saturday! She could not have made her mummy any more proud :biggrin: One trainer praised our good connection and the other could hardly believe she had only been slowly (as in we don't do it that often) introduced to heelwork over the past 6 months. Lexi did not put a foot wrong all day, she was interested but relaxed, did everything I asked and even showed off her little "dance" paw routine :wub: :biggrin:

I will definetely be taking her again when I can go next time.