UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

We Are Holding A Uka Show!

Amaranth

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i thought it was a fantastic show and we really enjoyed it :flowers:

lucky did well he stayed with me and didn't wee in the ring :laugh: which is good for him :)

we had finished 3 of our classes by 10.30 but had to wait for the power and speed class in the afternoon but we didn't mind one bit as we watched other people run there dogs which was nice :)

the venue was good with lots of space to walk the dogs inbetween runs :)

Lucky did well in the power and speed in the power bit it was the weeves we had trouble with but in the speed went clear which ended the show on a high note :wub:

the people who put this show on should be proud it was one of the best shows this year for us :flowers:

Well despite 2 or 3 problems (Judge let us down on Thursday at last minute; Jobsworth Groundsman being an idiot over parking; Boiler broke so no Tea after flasks ran out; Burgar van went home early) I think it worked rather well and that despite the fact that the vast majority of the members of our club do not compete, almost all of them were there working on Saturday & Sunday to make the show a success.

We had dragged family members (My OH and both daughters were on Laptop duty inputting the scores all day), friends and our dogs along and everyone contributed I managed a couple of clear rounds in the steeplechase with my dogs but then had to retire Kleine as she was lame (now confirmed as a Tendon injury as of last night :( ) and I wasn't concentrating enough to run Merlyn properly in his other classes and faulted on weaves in each.

We got the show errected on Saturday in two hours and dismantled on Sunday in two and a half (very tired sunburned people).

People have said some lovely things about the show, the courses and the club and we will definitely be doing it again!

Thank you to everyone who came to support us - see you next year!

Well despite 2 or 3 problems (Judge let us down on Thursday at last minute; Jobsworth Groundsman being an idiot over parking; Boiler broke so no Tea after flasks ran out; Burgar van went home early)

Congratulations for obviously not panicking.

Things always go wrong - just take a deep breath. There's usually a solution, and if there isn't, then people will have to put up with it. Running around like headless chickens helps noone.

Last year we had the fire brigade out because some numpty set fire to the skip. Had to pay for a new skip lid.

This is my 3rd year as show secretary and I'm getting less stressed as time goes on. Each time we find things that can be done better and I'm sure your club will too.

You seem to have done very well and you've all survived the experience.

Pam