UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Tendonitis..........any Experience Of It?

Tempest

Last Friday the vet diagnosed Jess' elbow injury as being tendonitis and she's on Rimadyl for another 7 days or so and he's just advised rest and short lead walks while she recovers :)

I've tried to do a bit of research on the net into tendonitis but haven't come up with much so I wondered if anyone here has any experiences of it and if there's any other supplements we can look into for her?

Theres not much about it for dog's,

but theres some info hear, although it is for people,

most of it you can use for dogs,

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/a...qaweil0531.html

To prevent further bouts of tendonitis, avoid whatever movement or stress may have caused the problem. If the problem results from exercise, consult a physical therapist to learn how to strengthen the affected muscle and the area around it.

you could possably try swimming or somthing like that to strenthen the affected area.

My Daisy had tendonitis. Rimadyl didn't help at all, so she took prednoleucotropin (PLT) I knew there could be risks with long term use, but when I weighed it all up I decided quality of life was the most important factor. This medication made a huge difference to her.

Hi, Yes, the vet did feel Daisy's tendonitis was going to be an ongoing problem. Sadly, a few months later she developed a lung tumour so we never got to find out. :mecry:

Sorry, just realised my post must sound so negative. Daisy was older than Jess and had had problems with her spine and had to have an op, we were never sure if this was connected at all. I hope Jess' tendonitis is only a short-term problem.