UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Oldies Club Dog Of The Week

Fee

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really glad you started this thread Fee - I was just about to start one about poor Blaze. Have watched him for months as he slipped down the list on the Oldies website.

Plain black dog syndrome again methinks :(

Poor lad - is there an Oldies Club poster of him available please?

Edited by mole

• 3 weeks later...
Can he not be fostered?

That would be for Meadowgreen to decide :) - I don't know whether they use foster homes.

I've had an update from Meadowgreen and, sadly, despite the fact that there has been lots of interest in Blaze, no home has materialised yet. :(

They say they are dumbfounded as to why he hasn't found a home. He's good with children of 8+, has proved brilliant with all dogs he has been introduced to, and although a bit iffy with cats is not beyond the realms of being trained with them.

They just can't understand it, and neither can I. :mecry:

• 3 weeks later...

Just trying to think of something that would help this poor dog. Perhaps a different photograph might catch somebody's eye - although he looks sweet on the present one - a change is sometimes a help.

Also I can't seem to find his age given anywhere - or is it just me? Perhaps people think he is older than he is.

I do wish someone would take pity on him. He sounds a lovely dog.

Just trying to think of something that would help this poor dog. Perhaps a different photograph might catch somebody's eye - although he looks sweet on the present one - a change is sometimes a help.

Also I can't seem to find his age given anywhere - or is it just me? Perhaps people think he is older than he is.

I do wish someone would take pity on him. He sounds a lovely dog.

It doesn't actually state his age on The Oldies Club but Blaze has just recently (as far as I'm aware) been posted on German Shepherd rescue too. According to that listing he's only 8 - so there are lots of years left in this lovely boy yet.

My sister enquired after Blaze early last week - she had no reply to her e-mail or phone calls and was starting to wonder if they'd rehomed him. Does anyone have other contact details, apart from the normal website route?

Hi Tracey

This is the GSR listing but other than his age & reference to cats I think it's basically the same details as on oldies. There is a contact form at the top of each page but it will only take you to a GSR questionaire I think. He is a little out of place (under central) so it's possibility I've not noticed him there when browsing the site before but I would have said he has only quite recently been added there.

http://www.germanshepherdrescue.co.uk/detail.php?Id=492

Ian