UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Re-opening Of The Register

Melp

To clear up any confusion can I say that DNB do not want the index of exempt dogs reopened because we don't want a register at all. Our LONG TERM aim is to get the DDA totally rewritten which would not include a list of "dangerous breeds". What we will support though is a TEMPORARY re-opening of the register which would enable some of the dogs currently being seized a chance to be registered in order for them to remain alive.

Whilst we know some people would not support any kind of re-opening, for the TIME BEING, until such time as section one and BSL is no longer legislation we will support it.

When BSL no longer exists, there will be NO need for registration but while it does, we feel that the re-opening of the register is the only way some of those animals will be saved.

We are not arrogant. We do not suppose for one minute that our campagn will be successful overnight but we are not in this for the short term, we're here for as long as it takes. Rome wasn't built in a day and all that.

So in brief

We will support a temporary re-opening of the register until such time as the law is re-written and does not include a register at all.

I know the people i spoke to last saturday who are waiting to hear what will happen to their seized pets, woud far rather have to walk their dogs on lead and muzzled and still have them as loved pets than see them destroyed for looking like the wrong type :(