UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Trying Out A New Dog Food

Kerrio

Burns Pork and Potato. (of all things)

We've tried just about everything with QB and Boots - and they always have runny poo and dodgy tums. Brian found a reference on the internet about Wolfies and avoiding rice, chicken and fish (all the things that the vets say to use!) so we thought we'd give it a go.

Amazing results - all 5 dogs have completely solid poo and QB has stopped farting.

Well I never did.

I put Snoopy and Teddy on Burns Pork and Potato when it first came out a few months back. They were on Burns Vension and Brown Rice.

They loved it. The only thing we found was that Teddy's output became a bit crumbly :unsure: nothing awful but just harder to pick up than the nice firm cigars that he used to do :laugh:

So now he's gone back onto Venison and Snoopy has stayed on the Pork and Potato.

It's strange because people I have spoken to have said that a lot of dogs are allergic to Pork.

I'm glad it's working for your dogs :)

I tried it to and mine hated it, they much prefere JWB especially the new one that doesn't have grain it.

I read a thing ages ago that said it was the size of the protein molecules that made dogs have the runs, the larger the molecule the harder it was to digest and that pork had big un's

I read a thing ages ago that said it was the size of the protein molecules that made dogs have the runs, the larger the molecule the harder it was to digest and that pork had big un's

OO-er - is that right?

Yes the poo is a bid crumbly - but better that than the usual slimey stuff! (sorry - too much detail I know!)

QB has stopped farting.

If he's anything like Sean that's a massive relief

Sean stopped farting when he went on autarky, prior to that if he was in the hall, and released an SBD the pungent odor rafted all over the house. :laugh:

The autarky got rid of his slimey poo too, now it's kind of ice cream cone shaped :)