UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

No Sound

Houndwoman

A few days ago I was installing Quicktime on my computer and had to stop the installation due to being called away to something else. Since then I have lost the sound on my pooter.

I have tried various things but come to a dead end and as I am not an expert on computers didn't want to fiddle with something I have no knowledge of.

I have gone into Control Panel and Sounds and Audio devices but have noticed that the volume control panel isn't responding to any commands.

Could it be anything to do with the interrupted installation? Having said that I have since successfully installed Quicktime but still got no sound.

I think the speakers are ok as I do get sound alert on certain things albeit a 'beep' I haven't heard before!

I am hoping it is something very simple :rolleyes:

I feel like getting a big hammer to it at the moment :laugh:

Fastest way provided you haven't installed anything else you don't want to lose, is to do a system restore roll back to the day before you had the interrupted install of quick time, if the sound is still not working after that you can always undo the restore and we can try something else.

OK - start menu > accessories> system tools > system restore

Once you have clicked on system restore you need to check the box "restore my computer to an earlier time" then click on NEXT

The next screen will have a calender on it, go back to December and find a restore point prior to the day you did the aborted quicktime install.

Then follow the on screen instructions.

Good luck!