UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Obsessive Carpet Licking

Wombat

Don't know if anyone has ideas on this? Dixie licks holes in the carpet overnight - 6 in all to date, means we'll be replacing the carpet when we move out and it was new 2 years ago :huh:

She seems to do it where Giz has been rolling and sometimes a bit of liquid seeps from his rear end altho we're talking a droplet here :unsure:

She is quite obsessive in licking and has in the past licked wounds until we eventually had to muzzle her when on her own

I've heard the 'licking toads' theory before and both boys indulge in this habit in the summer, althought Dix is apprently above a spot of amphibian lolly and anyway the boys lick anything til you clean their tongues for them :wacko: .Dixies habit is nightime with no one present :ph34r_anim:

Any ideas? Anyone know of a cheap carpet fitter near Newbury? :rolleyes:

Don't know if anyone has ideas on this? Dixie licks holes in the carpet overnight - 6 in all to date, means we'll be replacing the carpet when we move out and it was new 2 years ago :huh:

She seems to do it where Giz has been rolling and sometimes a bit of liquid seeps from his rear end altho we're talking a droplet here :unsure:

Any ideas? Anyone know of a cheap carpet fitter near Newbury? :rolleyes:

Hiya presume Giz is another doglet? Is the liquid quite dark treacly looking and, well 'stinky' :sick01: - if so sound to me that the anal glands need emptying - trip to the vet unless you up to doing it yourself :huh:

Sandra :wink:

Edited by raceylacy

Hi Sandra, ta for reply-definitely not glands, I know that smell well :rolleyes: and all mine have fresh bones etc so plenty to naturally squeeze glands.

She started on another patch last night so used 1001 spray - slight dip in the carpet but no hole so maybe that's the answer!! :)