UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Website Design - Is It Too Girly?

tegk68

I do like that: quite 60's and funky.

2 comments -

1) will the contrast levels be too strong to read easily where the text goes over a darker area? I think you could get round this by just dropping the contrast a step or 2 inside the text area if it does look a bit too much.

2) If the contrast is OK for most people, will it be tough to read for people who are red/green colour blind?

http://www.vischeck.com/vischeck/vischeckURL.php is a really handy site which produces a simulation of what a site will look like with various forms of colour blindness: I find it quite handy for sites with greenish colour scheme.

Hope that helps.

Ooooh, aren';t you clever!

I like both... but on gut instinct, the first most? The second is really pretty - cool and retro - but there's just 'something' about the first one?

Not sure about the lilac button on the second tho- doesn't seem to sit quite right? Maybe some sort of terracotty colour?

Have you though about memorable vanity urls?

For a housing association site we uses things like 'makinghomes.co.uk' , so you'd maybe want something like flowerbower.co.uk or notsosecretgardens.co.uk* so if you advertise, they stick in people's memorys better than a reglar company name?

*they're both available, by the way... :)

Have you though about memorable vanity urls?

For a housing association site we uses things like 'makinghomes.co.uk' , so you'd maybe want something like flowerbower.co.uk or notsosecretgardens.co.uk* so if you advertise, they stick in people's memorys better than a reglar company name?

*they're both available, by the way... :)

All points noted SM and gratefully received :biggrin: :flowers:

Hadn't thought of a "memorable vanity url" TBH never even heard of such a thing but what a good idea. THANK YOU, will look into that one and those names you suggest :biggrin: :cool:

and thank you Bebe also for your comments :biggrin: